Chapter 20

"Goodnight guys." Astrid said as she left. She went to stay in another room. The four all looked at each other. They were all lying on the floor. Rapunzel cleared her throat.

"Um, Hiccup. I was thinking that... Well, I don't really trust her. Mainly because of what she did to Merida." Rapunzel said nervously.

"Why? What did she do to you?" He directed the second question towards Merida. Her face turned red.

"Well she pinned me to the wall on the way to the toilets and told me to stay away from you." Merida said. Hiccup moved closer towards Merida.

"I'll tell her to back off." Hiccup said. "No one hurts my girl." Hiccup said awkwardly. Merida snuggled up to Hiccup.

"We should probably get some sleep then leave." Jack said. "Because we've spent a lot of walking time here."

"Well when we get up we'll leave Astrid a note." Hiccup said. Merida nodded. Jack got up and grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil. He came back down and handed it to Hiccup. Hiccup began writing.

"Dear Astrid," He said as he wrote. "We have left and are leaving you behind. Stop following us because you're only going to get hurt. From yours truly, Hiccup."

"Well we have that sorted out. I'm going to sleep." Merida said. She wrapped blankets around her. She moved closer to Hiccup. "Goodnight."

"Night." Everyone said. Rapunzel and Jack were cuddling closer. Hiccup wrapped his arms around Merida. Jack and Rapunzel had fallen asleep. Merida nudged Hiccup to see if he was awake. He was.

"Hiccup." She whispered.

"Mmm." He mumbled.

"You wouldn't get back with Astrid, would you?" She asked nervously. "I mean, while we're still together?"

"Of course not." He whispered. "You're too amazing to leave." Merida smiled.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too." Hiccup replied.

"But I love you guys most." Jack whispered jokingly. The other two laughed.

"Night you two." Jack laughed.

"Night Jack." They said.