Chapter 27

Merida sat up. Her vision was blurred by the tears the she tried to hold back. She got up and snuck away, away from the group, away from them because of what they said. They obviously don't trust her so why should she stay? She felt alone. She wiped her tears away. She cried. Usually she wouldn't allow herself to cry but she didn't care right now. Stupid Jack, why did he have to think I'm a traitor! Merida thought, I didn't even do anything wrong! Merida pulled her bow out and shot at the tree branch. She missed.

"Argh! How did I miss?" She groaned. She went to retrieve it. She angrily pushed branches away from her. She picked up her arrow and put it away. She went and lied down somewhere. She curled up, gripping her bow and quiver. She silently started to cry harder.

"Oh, this is precious." Someone said. Merida grabbed her bow and aimed it at the person. She recognised him.

"Go away Pitch!" She threatened. The figure chuckled.

"I only wanted to see if you were okay." Pitch said.

"Like you would care." She said, still aiming her bow at Pitch.

"Oh but I do. The other three don't truly care." Pitch said.

"You seem to have a firm grasp of he obvious." Merida said sarcastically. Pitch narrowed his eyes.

"I only wanted to make a deal with you." Pitch said.

"That is what got me in trouble in the first place." She retorted. "I don't want to talk with you. Just go!" She said. She let go of the bowstring. It fired and went right through Pitch.

"Oh I feel so loved." Pitch said. Merida wiped her nose and went to retrieve her arrow again. She walked right through Pitch. He gritted his teeth. Merida picked up her arrow.

"Why?" She asked.

"Why what?" Pitch said.

"Why are you trying to ruin me? Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Because that's what I do. I need your group to fall apart so I can win." Pitch said. He smiled deviously.

"They'll probably beat you anyway." Merida said. She walked back to where she was crying. She sat down.

"No they won't." Pitch said. Merida shrugged her shoulders. Her face was still red from crying.

"Whatever, it's not my problem. Now just go away, I'm not making any deal with you." Merida said.

"But together, with Gothel we can do any-" Pitch got cut off.

"I don't care." Merida said aggressively. She turned away from Pitch. "I don't want that. Because of you I lost the trust of the people I thought would accept me for being something different. It's your fault. And for that, I hate you!"

"Fine then, be on your own! No one would want to be with you anyway!" Pitch yelled. Merida frowned. She turned back to shout at Pitch but he was gone. She went back and lied down. She rolled over and struggled to get to sleep. She cried but eventually got to sleep.