Chapter 22

Jack, Rapunzel, Merida and Hiccup had been walking for what felt like days. It had stopped snowing and instead it was sunny. Making everyone feel hot and sticky. Jack pulled out the map. He pointed to where they were. Four more days of walking. Jack sighed.

"How much longer?" Merida groaned.

"Four more days." Jack said. He stretched his back out.

"Four days!" Merida yelled. She stopped walking. Everyone else did so too. "Four more days! But- no! This- Argh! It would've been quicker if we had of taken Toothless." Merida said. Hiccup looked offended. He was offended by Merida's remark.

"So it's my fault, is it? Is it my fault that those nightmares broke Toothless's tail?" Hiccup said.

"I never said it was your fault!" Merida said.

"Well it sure sounded like it." Hiccup said. Suddenly Hiccup and Merida started fighting. They argued and yelled. Jack and Rapunzel stood watching.

"It's no one's fault." Jack said.

"So you're taking his side!" Merida yelled.

"No." Jack said.

"He is on your side!" Merida yelled at Hiccup, ignoring Jack's reply. Jack started arguing about how he wasn't on anyone's side. Rapunzel started becoming frustrated. All their arguing, she couldn't handle it.

"This is your fault!" Hiccup yelled. "Not mine, not Toothless-"

"Stop!" Rapunzel yelled. They all went silent. "Can't we all just be friends? I know none of you guys are to blame. If anyone, it's Pitch's fault for attacking us. So can't we just get along. We aren't going to get there quicker if we argue. We have to keep going, or Pitch will get the better of us." They all looked down for a moment. Rapunzel smiled. "Let's keep walking."

"After you my lady." Jack said jokingly. Rapunzel skipped ahead. She laughed along with Hiccup and Merida. Jack floated to catch up.

"We should see who can get there first!" Rapunzel yelled.

"Yeah!" Hiccup said. "Because that's totally going to be fair on the guys with one foot." He frowned. Suddenly two arms reached around his waist and lifted him into the air. Hiccup yelped.

"I can help you with that." Jack grinned deviously. Hiccup squirmed.

"Put me down!" He yelled.

"If you can ride a dragon then you can surely be fine with me carrying you." Jack laughed.

"Yeah but a dragon has a seatbelt." Hiccup muttered under his breath. Hiccup gripped Jack's arm.

"Ready, go!" Jack yelled before Rapunzel and Merida were ready. Merida was running as fast as she could. Rapunzel was swinging from branch to branch using her hair. Jack was floating. He was going really slowly. Merida hadn't seen Rapunzel swinging.

"Having trouble Blondie?" Merida joked. Suddenly Rapunzel swung past her.

"No! Why? Are you?" Rapunzel replied.

"I am!" Jack said. "You really need I loose some."

"Well that's a first. Most people tell me to gain more weight." Hiccup said. He laughed at the thought.