Chapter 41

"There it is!" Merida called.

"And there's the nightmares." Rapunzel said. Merida pulled her bow out and aimed at one. She shot. It pierced the nightmare. They got closer to the North Pole. Jack jumped down and started shooting at them with his staff. Toothless started firing at the ones outside. Rapunzel threw her frying pan about. Suddenly something grabbed Jack's ankle. He gasped.

"Glad you could make it." Bunny wheezed. Jack sighed in relief.

"You scared me Bunny." He laughed.

"Yeah, well, you gonna help me up?" He asked. Jack pulled him up ad dragged him to a room. He fended off the nightmares. They got in. Jack dropped him onto a bed. Bunnymund hissed in pain.

"Sorry." Jack apologised. "Where's everyone else?"

"In another room. I told them to go without me." Bunny wheezed.

"Always been the hero." Jack teased. He pulled his hand out from underneath Bunnymund. His hand was covered in red blood. Suddenly Rapunzel bursted into the room. She slammed the door shut. She rushed over and tied Bunnymund in her hair.

"Jack, go and help the others while I help Bunny." She said. She sat down.

"But-"

"No buts, just go. I've got this." She smiled. She started to sing as Jack walked out. He started shooting the flying nightmares. Suddenly North came bolting out of a room.

"Agh!" He yelled. Jack laughed. He ran past Jack. He stopped and looked back at Jack. He walked up and hugged him. "Jack! I thought you were dead." He called. Jack laughed.

"Me? Dead? Never!" Jack called. He shot a nightmare. Merida shouted.

"I'm out of arrows!" She was hiding behind a desk. She ducked as a nightmare roared past her. North frowned.

"I will get you some." He called. He ran to another room. Jack gasped as another nightmare ran overhead. Suddenly Toothless flew past, chasing the nightmare. North ran past and dove to the table Merida was hiding behind. He handed her the arrows.

"How many?" She asked. She loaded and fired at a nightmare that was following Toothless.

"About three hundred." He said. He stabbed a flying nightmare.

"But there's thousands of them." She said. She shot one. The arrow flew through and pierced another one.

"The yetis are making more." He said. Jack shot one behind North and Merida. Suddenly a squeal emerged from behind Jack. Jack turned around. He saw Toothiana whiz past him. He swung his staff like a bat and hit three nightmares. They exploded into sand.

"Thanks Jack!" Tooth called. Jack smiled. Jack shot a few more. He ran and dove behind a table. Suddenly the Sandman exploded from a room. He sent trickles of golden sand flowing towards nightmares.

"Sandy!" Jack called. Sandy looked up and grinned. He waved as another nightmares disappeared. Jack shot another one. Hiccup landed next to Sandy. Suddenly he heard a laugh emerge from everywhere. He frowned. Pitch.