Chapter 10

(A/N: So if you haven't guessed, the girl in the picture is suppose to be you. I really like this picture. Also this part of my story so enjoy! 3..2..1!..)

Y/N's POV

I stare at Cipher who is laying on the floor in my bedroom. I was surprised that I was able to pick Cipher up and toss him in through the window. He was still breathing so it's not like I killed him from that.

I hold on to an axe that I am 'borrowing' from my uncle. I don't exactly know what will happen when he wakes up...if he wakes up.

I look down at him, his chest still going up and down. He's still breathing, looks like a much faster pace than earlier. The symbols start to disappear one-by-one. First the strange letters, then the symbols that I know of. The eye on his forehead is the last to go and the whole room goes dark since the blue light off of him was the only light I needed to see.

I walk away from him to turn on the light when I start to hear him groan. I tighten my grip on the axe as I flick the light switch up. I turn to face him once again to see him moving his head side to side, trying to wake up. I move a little closer, raising the axe higher. I need to defend myself, not knowing what he may do once he is fully awake. Cipher groans more and clenches his hand on his stomach and his expression looks as if he is in pain. His hand soon relaxes and just rests on his chest as his face also softens. He opens his eye slowly and looks around his surroundings then he sees me and his eye widens.

"S-Star? W-What happened? The last thing I remember was us walking through the woods and..." Cipher starts to trail off as if trying to remember.

"Look, you better tell me exactly what on earth that little light show you performed was."

"What are you talking about? I didn't do any-" he stops as if he finally realizes what I am talking about, "Oh, you mea-"

"You are going to tell me exactly who you really are and tell me why all those symbols were on your body and if you don't, this axe will go right into your eye!" I say raising my axe above my head.

"Hey hey hey, relax ki- Star. Look, I'll tell you who I am; just put down the axe and let me talk. I really like having two eyes and I kind of want to keep it that way."

I look at the axe then back at him. Did I really want to give up my only protection? Apparently...yes because I drop it on the ground. Cipher starts to stand up but looks like he is in pain from doing so. Once he is finally up, he takes a couple steps towards me. He extends his arm to me and I cock an eyebrow looking from his hand back to him. He sighed, "Hello, the name's Bill Cipher an-"

I scream so loud, I kick his leg and start to run towards my door when it shut tight all of a sudden. I was about to go for the window when I felt an arm wrap around my waist and the other hand covering my mouth. I start kicking him more but he doesn't let go; he lets out a small chuckle under his breath and says, "Shh, the whole house is asleep. No need to wake them up to know that you brought a dream demon into their house."

I am able to get out of his grasp, grab the axe, and face him ready to use the weapon. "Y-You are the dream demon?" He nods and I continue, "You are the one who tried to destroy Gravity Falls! You are the one who has tried taking over everything and everyone! You are the one who makes deals and tricks people just for the fun of it!
Y-You...you are the reason I have had nightmares for the past ten years.." I say the last sentence softly because I just realized that this boy is the reason I have never been able to have a normal dream ever again, as if I'm trying to take all that in.

"What was that last part?"

"My nightmares, you have given them to me all my life since I was five! I have never been able to have a peaceful night since I was five--because of you!"

He frowns and looks at the ground, "What are you talking about? Ki- Star, I have never entered your mind."

"Don't lie to me you demon. Who else has the power to do that? You can fool me once but you can't fool me twice!"

Bill smirked at me and started to do his hysterical laugh once again, "Man, you are one clever little girl! Smarter than the rest of this dumb town. Tell you what, how about we make a deal?"

D-Did he want to make a deal? With me?!

"Isn't that what I just said?" Bill asks.

"H-How--What on earth?!" I scream then cover my mouth realizing how loud I said that.

"Haha, your cute, Y/n. A dream demon has many perks, one would be reading people's minds. So, how about that deal?"

I am confused, scared, a little nauseous, and about ready to pass out. How am I suppose to trust this demon exactly? Dipper and Mabel have told me a lot about him, warning me to stay away from him. Especially Dipper, he was terrified about me getting hurt. He has been worried about me since the minute Ford carried me into the shack. When Dipper and Mabel were telling me about all last summer (since I asked), Dipper said, "Bill has a lot of power; we have seen the bad and the worst of him. He can make deals and in every deal he makes sure he always gets what he wants out if it. You can't trust him, no matter what he is offering you. Promise me, Y/n, you will stay safe when we are not there to help you."

I promised him exactly that and I never break a promise. I promised to stay safe...but not about making any deals. I can still be safe and be cautious about any deal Bill is offering to make me, right? I can feel my own heart beat, it's racing from so much anxiety. I just need to stop overthinking and just make a decision.

"What kind of deal are we talking about exactly?"

He grins at me and I feel a sudden chill down my spine. "Now we're getting somewhere! Look I'll cut to the chase, you don't want anymore of these nightmares, which I find them quite fascinating, so I will get rid of these nightmares for you in exchange you tell no one about me being back in town. I mean it, not a single living, breathing being."

I cross my arms and say, "What's the catch? There is always a catch with you so you can get what you want. So what is it: getting rid of this nightmare so you can replace it with a new one?"

"Ha! No, but that would be clever for a future deal with someone. My deal will get rid of your nightmare and all dreams in general. You will never have another dream again. So, what do you say, Y/n?"

I look around the room nervously; was I really going to do this? I didn't mind the fact about never having another dream ever again. I could live with that...but how do I know he's telling the truth?

"Look, I don't offer these things everyday. If you want to make the deal, you better make it now." Bill says reaching his arm out to me with a blue flame appearing around his hand.

My vision, my nightmare. It showed me doing this, but will I do it? I sighed and I reach my hand out to his. "Fine, Deal." I say shaking his hand. The blue flame engulfed my own hand but it didn't hurt. It felt...soothing. I let go but I don't feel different; how do I know it actually worked?

"Trust me, when you fall asleep you will know it worked." Bill said grinning. He stretches his back and starts to lay back down on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I ask suspiciously.

"Well, I'm really in no condition to get back to the mindscape so I'm going to have to spend the night at your place. Unless you want to break the deal?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm not willing to break the deal. You can stay as long as you stay on the floor and by the time I come back from breakfast in the morning, you are out of here. Understood, Demon?"

"Of course, my little Star." Bill says sleepily. I go to turn off the light and I snuggle into the comfy bed. Before I drift off to sleep completely, I hear a voice in the back off my head say, 'Goodnight, Y/n. Enjoy never having another nightmare again so long as you keep me a secret.'

20-9-10'4 22-19 18-9-9-12-19-20 22-25 4-16-19 5-3-15-4 23-10-20 22-9-1 4-15-19

22-19-21-23-3-5-19 4-16-19-6-19 15-5 23 11-9-10-5-4-19-6 12-15-2-15-10-17 9-10 4-16-19 15-10-5-15-20-19

16-19 11-23-25 18-12-23-4-4-19-4 25-9-3 1-15-4-16 23-12-12 16-15-5 4-6-15-21-13-5

22-3-4 5-9-9-10 19-10-9-3-17-16 25-9-3'12-12 22-19 17-19-4-4-15-10-17 23 6-19-23-12-15-4-25 18-15-26