Chapter 21

Y/N's POV

Three weeks have gone by, Bill finally got rid of his fever. I forced him into taking his medicine everyday but that just kept earning me more bite marks on my arm until he finally just gave in. He was miserable for the time being as Dipper, Mabel, and I tried to help him.

After the first night of him being sick and sleeping over at the Mystery Shack, he finally went back home but came back to either the Mystery Shack or Wendy's place everyday; it depended on where I was at the time. Bill stayed by my side the majority of the time when he was sick but I didn't mind it.

I've also haven't put the journal down for three weeks straight! I've been reading each page and deciphering all the codes once Ford taught me how to. He's been trying to teach me about everything he knows as is Dipper. Bill didn't like how I wasn't paying full attention towards him but I didn't care because I enjoyed learning about that kind of stuff. Just learning about the different creatures and monsters makes me feel less lonely and just a bit less of a freak.

Doesn't mean I don't think of myself as one still.

My dad keeps reminding me how I keep wasting my days with being stuck in my room and being antisocial. I'm not stuck in my room all day though, I leave it everyday at 3:30 to go to the Mystery Shack and be stuck in there half of my day. I am also being very social with the one person I probably shouldn't be talking to yet I still am. Bill Cipher comes into my room every afternoon to "check up on me" but I think he really just wants to spend some quality time with the human he doesn't want to lose. Boy I wish I got those words on video so I can shove the evidence of him caring for me in his face.

It's almost time for me to head out anyways to get to the shack; I grab my phone, charger, and the journal and start to head out. The first time I read it was to just read the actually words that weren't in any codes. Second time through I deciphered any codes that were visible to the eye. Now that I'm reading it a third time through, I'm going to use the black light Dipper gave me to read any messages Ford wrote in invisible ink.

I start to read it once again but before I'm able to reach the door I bump into someone. That someone would be my dad. "Oh, sorry dad." I apologize but laugh a little at the end. My dad turns his attention to something else and that would be the journal that fell on the floor. My dad goes over to it and picks it up; he looks mad but what could he possibly be mad about?

"Y/n, what is this?"

"It's a journal, duh. Stanford Pines gave it to me so I could read all about his research."

"I mean, what is this?!" He flips the book around for me to see the page it so happened to land on. That would be Bill Cipher's page. "That's Bill Cipher, a dream demon who was defeated last summer."

"This looks awfully like that triangle that you drew on that wheel of yours."

"That's the best part, dad! You kept telling me all my life that it was just a dream but the truth is is that it's rea-"

"I thought you were done with this foolishness, Y/n." My heart sank, he still didn't believe me. He still thinks that I'm crazy... "Listen to me, Y/n, and I want you to listen carefully, Bill Cipher is not real and the wheel is just something you made up as a child that you have to let go of now. You are a teenager and soon you'll be an adult, let go of your imagination and enter the real world."

He walks away with my journal still in his hand; I don't let him get far though, "You're the one who needs to listen! You've been ignoring the fact that I could be right..for once, and that Bill and the wheel is real. It is real, dad, and if you would have listened to me all those years ago you would know that. You would've known that I am in danger and that you should be trying to protect me!"