Chapter 46

Y/N's POV

"You are nothing. I am the powerful one, the king! Nobody, not even a pathetic mortal, can stop me!"

"Your time is up."

For me, everything went dark.

~~~

Everything is dark. No light to be found. I feel as though I should be afraid. I'm not. I feel perfectly calm like I know everything is alright. Kaden's gone. The world is saved. Everything is alright...isn't it?

I force my eyes to open as I feel someone shaking me. I slowly move my head up and look around to finally land on my dad.

"F-Ford?" I say almost inaudible for him to hear.

"You're okay, sweetie. I got you now, just relax." He pulled me onto his lap as I laid my head on his chest. My breathing seems calm and my heart doesn't seem to be pounding out of my chest. Everything seems to be okay and fine. That's good.

I hear something fall as I turn my head to see Pyronica and Wendy laying a figure on the ground whose body is limp. The only thing I can see of this figure is his blonde hair and a yellow tailcoat- Bill! My mind wants me to run over to him but my body refuses to get up. I shakily stand on both feet while Ford helps me up and walks me over. I pass Dipper and Mabel with the boy completely silent and the girl almost in tears. I see Stan hanging his head low while Soos takes off his hat and wipes a few stray tears. This can't be happening...

I collapse to my knees right next to Bill as I pick up his body. I frantically try to find a pulse but with no result. His eye is closed while his jaw is open just the slightest bit. No, this can't be true. I move some of his hair out of his face to try and see if any movement would result from it but nothing changed.

"Bill! I swear, Bill, wake up! This isn't funny; tell me this is some sick and insane joke. Please, Bill, open your eye! Tell me that I'm your Star! BILL PLEASE!" I burst into tears as I lay my head on his cold and still chest.

No! This can't be how he ends! It's not fair, I did everything I could to save him. I defeated Kaden, freed the people from their imprisonment, what more do I have to do to bring Bill back?! Why can't this be a 'happily ever after' like in every fairytale story? He was my everything, he was my prince. He's my dream demon who was suppose to not leave me! He promised!

I continue to cry as I feel Ford's hand rest on my shoulder. I shake uncontrollably as he pulls me off of the corpse so I can cling onto him and cry my heart out.

I just want Bill Cipher. What more do I have to do?

"C-Can you s-save him?" I ask as I only hear him sigh in response. So much for some hope.

"There is one way." I hear a familiar, weak voice.

Everyone turns their heads to see Markus Locke trying to sit up only to fail. Stan marches over to him before grabbing his new chain and pulling him up so they were at eye level. "Oh yeah, wise guy? And why should we listen to anything you have to say?!"

Markus grips onto the collar as he tries to speak, "The wheel. The wheel c-can summon him, d-destroy him, and with h-his powers brought b-back to him at the s-same time it c-can also save him. I-It will have much m-more affect with the p-powers transferring and Y-Y/n being in the c-center since she i-is now attached t-to the wheel."

Stan lifts him higher off the ground while in the process choking him more. I quickly stand up and run over to make Stan release the green demon who starts coughing. He looks up at me with pleading eyes as he almost falls over until I grab him by his arms.

"I'm attached to the wheel? Did you know this would happen when you gave me my nightmares." I ask, trying to put the pieces together.

"It was for just in case; I can't read the future, sweetheart."

"Whose side are you on?! Do you work for Kaden or not?" I have had about enough of Markus' riddles. I just want a straight, truthful answer telling me what his true plans were for whether they be for the monster or not.

"I'm a very complicated demon. I can assure you, however, that I never wanted to work for Psyche. Look, you can either trust me and try to save your precious boyfriend or you can leave him for dead. Would it really hurt to try and have some hope instead of none at all?"

I can already see Stan preparing to punch the life out of him. I don't know what Locke's true intentions are but he's right about at least trying to use the wheel and see what will happen. I turn to Ford who just shrugs.

"We could try it; I can't guarantee it will bring Bill back." Ford says as he looks around the room.

I look around to see faces no longer with fear but uncertainty of the situation. I walk over to Bill once again as I see my star necklace start to glow blue. I can't just walk away without trying, Bill has to come back. I nod my head as I hear Mabel start cheering with enthusiasm and hope. Hope. That's all we need now. Ford walks over to the circle on the ground as the other nine people that represents the symbols join him.

I go to pick Bill's lifeless body only for someone to beat me to it. I look up to see Banshee with his tall, slim body and white soulless eye. He doesn't say a word but carries the dream demon and places his body in the center on the triangle. Banshee stands back up and kneels down in front of me; I decide to read his mind as I am clueless to why he is doing this and it seems he was expecting me to read his mind, 'I would like to apologize for my behavior and for what I have done. Now that Kaden Psyche is gone, I am here to do your bidding until I have been excused from this position. Please, forgive me, Master Star.' He stands back up as I am speechless, Banshee walks away without saying anything else through the mind or out loud.

I take a deep breath as I enter the circle; everyone grabs each other's hands as they all start to glow blue. The symbols reappear on both mine and Bill's body. I unclipped the necklace around my neck and place it around his while pulling his body closer to me. I close my eyes as I rest my head on his; a surge of energy and power can be felt going through the air as I feel as though I can't stay awake any longer.

"Please, wake up...don't leave me, Bill." I whisper.

I start to lose consciousness and I'm not sure if I imagined it or not but I could've sworn I heard a voice before being engulfed into darkness.

"Never."