Chapter 40

Ten symbols placed around a wheel
Hand in hand they'll bond the seal
But break the chain and pay the cost
The prophecy will all be lost

Y/N's POV

Everyone from the wheel stood in a group before me. That wheel that I've seen for ten years and here they all are, proving to me that it's not just a stupid dream. The Pine Tree symbol is the sweaty nerd known as Dipper Pines, the Shooting Star belongs to the cheerful and boy-crazed Mabel Pines, the Bag of Ice is dedicated to the cool under pressure even if she actually isn't Wendy Corduroy. The Star symbol is oddly familiar to the one at the top of the Tent-of-Telepathy with the star of the show Gideon Gleeful, the Llama seems to be a symbol for the rich girl with blonde hair Pacifica Northwest, and the Heart would belong to the emo boy (also my cousin's ex) Robbie Valentino. The Glasses belongs to the crazy old man who was once a genius that goes by the name Fiddleford McGucket, the Question Mark goes to the man who has dedicated his life to help at the Mystery Shack Soos, and the strange symbol that I never knew what to call it goes to the Man of Mystery (or at least use to be since Soos got the job) Stanley Pines.

The tenth symbol...the tenth symbol is the Six-Fingered Hand. That symbol went to my dad, my hero, Stanford Pines. The man I just witnessed killed only to protect me. Stan and I talked and he believed that I could replace Ford. Why? Well, it's not exactly normal to have six fingers so he was called a freak. I've been called a freak just because I dreamed about this wheel. He believes that if I take Ford's place then it should still be able to work; the symbols weren't actually made for one specific person but for whoever resembled to the symbol. I'm a freak and for once I'm proud to be it.

So here we are, at 11:30 p.m. All of us lined up, ready to resurface and head to the Fearamid. To be honest, my heart is beating so fast right now out of nervousness. What if something goes wrong? What if I can't replace Ford and everything fails because I'm not him and he's no longer here?! I'm freaking out too much, I know, but I can't help it!

I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder as I turn to see Wendy with her warrior paint on her face and a part of her shirt being used as a headband. My outfit consists of my hair up in a high ponytail, a sleeveless sweatshirt, ripped jeans, leather black boots, and black leather biker gloves. I clench my fists as we soon begin to walk out; Pyronica is coming with us but Keyhole is staying behind to keep an eye out on homebase.

As we resurface, many gasps escape the others' lips. Everything is in flames, everything is corrupted, everything is gone. That's what we're here for though, right? To save the world. We won't stop at nothing until the demons are defeated or we will die trying.

We start to walk around, trying to stay as hidden as possible. I see Banshee walking in the deserted town; he's probably on his way to the Fearamid. Once he leaves, we head to the Fearamid ourselves. Now, we already have a plan to get inside. Dipper took out his flashlight which held a crystal from the Height Altering Crystals. The place Bill had originally asked me out...I shook my head and focused on our mission.

Dipper shrunk everyone including Pyronica but she was left a bit taller than the rest of us. We all grabbed onto her and held on while she flew us up to the pyramid in the sky. Once we made it up, she used her fire ability to create a small hole for a mouse to fit through. In this case, we are the mouse. We crawl through it as Dipper changes everyone back to their normal size. We continue to walk through the endless amount of hallways, hiding at times from the demons that would pass, until we finally have reached the throne room. The room has been left empty which gives Robbie the perfect opportunity to start spray painting the wheel on the ground.

I look down as I hug my arms close to me. I feel someone hug me as I look to see Dipper. "Hey Dip. You ready for this?"

He nods his head but sighs, "Look...umm, Y/n, if we die here today I want to tell you something I've never told anyone. You're like family to me so I'd like you to know before we quite possibly die."