One Shot: Too Close- Natasha

Not Requested

One Shot 40

("She" in this One Shot, is you, the reader just so ya know)

The chilly air burned a little bit, as she drew in deep breaths. She couldn't wait to get into her apartment and into some comfy clothes.

She passed by a liquor store, and noticed out of the corner of her eye, a man sitting in the ally way next to the liquor store.

The night was quiet, or as quiet as it could be for being New York City. She heard a second set of footsteps shadowing her own.

She was only a block away from her apartment building, but if she ran she was likely to be caught up with.

The footsteps grew closer, but she didn't change her pace. Instead she drew arm insider her coat, and kept moving.

The footsteps grew ever closer until the man was two steps behind her. All of the sudden, she stopped. Turned on her heel, yanked her hand out of her coat, and rested the barrel of her side arm just under his chin.

"If I can feel your breath on the back of my neck, you are too close," she said turning the safety off of the gun "turn 180 degrees and walk,"

The man turned with wide eyes, and began walking the other direction. He glanced back over his shoulder, she still had the gun trained on him.

"I didn't say turn around. I said walk," she barked.

The man turned back around and continued walking. He didn't stop until he got back to the liquor store alleyway, and sat his ass back in the snow.

Natasha insisted that she have a body guard with her when she travels at night. But of course, she never listened. But she might now...

And she wouldn't ever tell Natasha about it. Natasha worries enough about her as it is.