12.

Normani Kordei Hansen.

"Normani?"

"Aunty." I let slip out. I've been spending way too much time with Kehlani.

Well I do kind of live with her now. Things are totally not weird between us.

Milika chuckles as Dinah comes downstairs behind me. "Where are you going?"

"Home." I yawn. "Its like eleven now."

I must admit, I had a really good crying session with Dinah. She's not actually half bad.

She listened to all my problems and held me whenever I needed to be held. Good wife.

"Exactly. It's eleven. I can't have you driving around at this time of the night." She says, looking at me as if I'm schizophrenic or something.

A part of me wants to be like "No Aunty, I don't have schizophrenia, I'm actually just recovering from syphilis."

But I don't want to scare my in-laws away.

"I'm fine." I force a smile. "I really am, I - "

"You're staying here tonight, and that's final." She says sternly.

"What?" Dinah and I ask in unison.

"Yeah. Normani you can sleep with Dinah. Dinah doesn't mind, right Dinah?" Milika asks, looking at her daughter.

I turn to see the nervous and shy Dinah once again. "Yeah, I don't have a problem with it."

"Good. Now go to bed. Normani needs to be up extra early to save lives tomorrow." She says, waving us off.

Dinah clears her throat and I follow her back up the stairs.

She scratches around in her closet for a while before handing me a large shirt, well large for me because compared to her, I'm short as hell.

"Thanks." I mumble, taking the shirt into my hands.

She nods and coughs nervously. "I'll just uh... so you can - " she cuts herself off by leaving the room so that I can change.

"I'm done." I yell and she returns, also in an oversized shirt, but oversized for her.

"You can have the bed and I'll have the - "

"You're not going to sleep with me?" I ask, frowning. "It's a queen sized bed Dinah, there's enough space for both of us."

"Right." She gives me a shy smile and makes the first move to get in the bed.

I follow her in and lay on the opposite side, facing the opposite direction.

I huff when I can't fall asleep and it makes me miss Yazz.

When I couldn't fall asleep, he'd pull me on top of him and have a conversation with me until I did fall asleep, I do the same thing with Lani... but I mean, I barely know Dinah.

I can try.

There's no guarantee that she would pull me on top of her, but she's polite enough to keep a conversation with me.

I turn and lay on my side, facing Dinah who's laying on her stomach with her face in the pillow and her eyes closed.

"Dinah?"

Her eyes open and find mine. "Yes?"

"Are you still awake?" I ask, and then mentally facepalm when I see her cute confused expression.
Of course she's awake, her eyes are open.

I clear my throat quickly. "Okay that was a stupid question." I say, causing her to giggle.

She moves onto her side to face me too and supports her head with her hand, her elbow digging into the pillow. "What's up?"