Ch.5: feelings and friendship?

The next day, Arthur found himself in a living room, waiting anxiously for his brothers. He heard ruckus outside as the double doors opened and The Kirklands entered.
"Artie!!" They all yelled in unison as they ran towards Arthur and hugged him or ruffled his hair.

"You okay? Nothing bad happened?! DO I NEED TO KILL SOMEONE!?" Scott yelled in anger as Arthur began to shush his brother.

"No! No! I'm fine, I'm well. I asked for your freedom in return for me staying here."

"WHAT!?" Scott yelled in anger. "The bloody hell is wrong with you!? We promised mum-!"

"I know! I know! But you need to take care of the dragons and the cottage....im the supposed Angel or devil things-" Arthur began saying when Scott grabbed his younger brothers shoulders.

"About that...we need to speak to you"

"What?"

"We knew" Cole simply stated.

"We knew you were potential...for that" Dylan continued.

"You knew?" Arthur asked. "Scott? Why didn't you tell me??"

"Because...mom made us not to. Remember how our old man died? You know...hunting accident?" Scott asked as Arthur nodded.
"He was killed by hunters...they were looking for the New Angel or devil. Ya know, after each one dies, there's a new one chosen. And the new ones magic is quite strong in the first year-"

"....papa died because of me?" Arthur asked as tears began to well up but Scott continued.

"You were only 2...your powers were strong, but we had Emma and the fairies and the dragons. So we only thought it would blend in with all of that, we even asked for wizards to ward you from your own magic...until you could possibly learn to control it" Scott informed as Arthur felt tears flow down.
"Mum...did everything she could to keep you safe Artie...but..she grew tired and weak, to keep you warded...she had to give up some life source, and...she gave up her own"

"No. No...you're not saying I'm the reason she died-"

"Arthur.." Cole said, "mum knew the consequences, we knew them too. We all...gave up something just to keep ya"

"Don't worry lass. We never hated you, we just knew you were special, ye!" Dylan said with a small smile. "You're a Kirkland! One of us, lass. We could never hate ya"

"They're right" Scott said as he smiled. "Look Arthur" he began, Arthur knew this was serious as Scott never really called Arthur by his Name. "We have been knowing this, and keeping it up for as long as we could remember. And you're our angel, okay? You're no Devil. At least not that I can see, you're too damn kind" Scott said as he laughed a little.
"You aren't to blame for dads death or mums. Blame the ambitious hunters or the stupid spells that took moms life source slowly..but don't blame yourself"

"B-but it was my fault." Arthur mumbled as Scott shook his brother.

"Not true." Scott stated. "Look Wee little brother...we won't leave ya alone because-"

"But the deal-"

"He also offered us to become guards. He said we had great fighting skills...but we are actually going back.. We arranged that we can visit when we would like, since...we also heard...he's your soulmate-"

"WHAT!?" Arthur yelled as His brothers began laughing.

"We heard, ya know. Rumor goes around" Dylan said with a sly smile. "Good luck with being. With a man. I guess your getting married first"