Ch.19: save the devil

Arthur had been dreaming for so long..

'Save The Devil' the Haven whispered, as they combed their fingers through Arthurs hair. 'Wake up my child, wake up' they whispered so softly, it felt like a mother nurturing her child. Arthur couldn't wake up, his eye lids felt so heavy and he couldn't open his mouth, all he could do was breathe in and out.

'You have questions, do you not My Angel?' The Havens voice asked quietly. Arthur felt like speaking out and saying 'yes! Yes I have questions' but his mouth made no forms or any means of speaking
'You don't need to speak, I can read your mind clearly...and you are not in the real world, you are sleeping, in your dreams'

'I'm sleeping in my dreams?' Arthur asked in his mind as he heard a small laugh from TheHaven,

'Yes you are. But I need you to wake up, The Devil isn't in the best shape...'

'What's wrong with him? Is he dying?!'

'Something like that, so please wake up....I cannot help my own Devilish child and it breaks my heart' their voice said. Arthur felt saddened,

'And when I wake...what do I do?'

'You save The Devil, you give him some of your power...but I warn you, if it goes wrong, he will not wake to be himself. He will be possessed by the sinful feelings of hatred he feels right now. So approach him carefully' the haven informed. Arthur was quiet.

'And...how do I....give him my power?' Arthur asked. The haven slightly laughed at the words. 'Did I say something funny?'

'No, my angel. You didn't, I just find it funny how willing you are. Most times they aren't'

'Well..I'm not exactly like everyone else'

'True, you have a soulmate. It makes you different, my angel' the soft voice spoke, 'when you give your power to the Devil, you will be in his mind...and if you do not fight it, if you do not find him in an hour, then he will be lost to nothing but negativity and he will take you with him'

'So...I'm basically risking my entire being?' Arthur asked. The haven sighed heavily,

'In that one hour...your body will be consumed by some darkness, and sometimes your body will react to it, and turn evil for an hour...of course if you do not find him by then, you will never be able to get your body back'

'And I'll be stuck in Gilberts mind?' Arthur asked. He heard a small sigh. 'So yes..'

'I'm afraid so my child. But life surprises us all in the end'

'What do you mean?' Arthur asked, he felt his eyelids gaining control and best of all, he could finally open his eyes slowly. He heard the havens footsteps walk away. 'Am I waking up?' Arthur asked but he got no reply.

His eyes looked up at a stone wall, he felt cold chains wrapped around his ankles and wrists. Sitting opposite from him was Gilbert chained. His lip was broken, his eyes closed, his face bruised, and his clothes slightly ragged and ripped. Arthurs eyes widened when he was that on Gilberts wrists were cuts, slashes, and a bucket holding some of his blood. But he saw scars upon his body. It was as if each cut he had, had been deep but healed quickly.
The bucket full of blood had no more blood being dropped into it, meaning Gilbert had healed himself.
"Gilbert?" Arthur whispered and only got a small grunt. "You're alive!"

"I-i am..." He muttered. But he could barely lift this head up, the Prussian looked so tired, so pale and so...dead in a way. "T-they've been...bleeding me out..."