Ch.22: an heir or not

"Bring the Knights, I need information on the border control and patrols. The armies have been dispersed through the northern and southern borders where there have been more attacks" Alfred informed, as he and Ivan were discussing tactics.

"Da. I'll have my sisters control the eastern and western borders, where the majority of the refugees are" Ivan replied, as Yao looked exhausted from pulling up shields in his own realm to keep his people safe from any manipulated minds, that were controlled by Devilish blood.
"Yao? Shouldn't you rest?" Ivan asked, he was truly concerned for the Chinese king. Yao shook his head, but it was clear he was tired,

"I'm fine-aru. I gave my word to be here-aru"

"Da. But you should rest" Ivan insisted, as he took Yao's hand in his. The Russians eyes softened with sympathy and kindness. Yao blushed a little but shook his head, "don't be stubborn, let's take you to bed, you may be a king. Da. But you can't handle the pressure much more"

"Says the King of Darkness" Yao said as he smiled slightly, he was just teasing the Russian.

"You two go to sleep, it's around 2am, just sleep" Alfred said as he smiled at the two kings kindly. "I'll be keeping up the control here, it really is like a zombie-vampire apocalypse out there" Alfred said with a laugh. But he wasn't kidding.
The people who were manipulated by the Devils blood, and under the control of David, had black eyes, whom looked endless like a dark abyss. They could only kill people or maybe make a person drink their blood, and convert theme under the mind control.
Alfred had sent his best Knights out to find Davie, but none had returned with any possible information.
There was outright chaos in the streets outside of the kingdom walls since people were being slaughtered, but thanks to Natalya and Katyusha, they had managed to rescue so many citizens.

As Ivan and Yao retired to their bedroom, Ivan had reached for Yao's hand and entwined his fingers with his, "what are you doing-aru?" Yao whispered, Ivan smiled.

"You're sleeping with me tonight" Ivan said, and before Yao could argue, the Russian king pulled the Chinese man away and rushed into a bedroom.

Alfred sighed heavily, he hadn't slept yet. And the whole thought of keeping an entire three kingdoms safe, was exhausting. There was a small knock as Alfred yelled
"Come in!"

"You need to sleep Alfred" Arthurs voice spoke, he was back to his male form. Wearing a cozy green jumper, a white buttoned down shirt underneath and some black pants.

"Shouldn't you sleep too? You've been exhausting yourself with helping Yao keep up the shields" Alfred told Arthur, as the Brit walked over to his beloved and placed a kiss on his forehead. "I've been missed huh?"

"Oh shut up git. And come to bed"

"Of course, my small master" Alfred said teasingly as he stood up and smiled. Alfred sighed heavily, as he looked at all the maps and papers and books spread on the huge table that held many important things and spells or types of informations that could end Davie.

"Alfred, please rest. Come on, let's go rest a little" Arthur persisted, as he pulled Alfred by his waist. "You're tired, and I can see it. Even through that smile of yours"

"What?  When did you become so wise?" Alfred asked as he wrapped his arms around Arthur, "hmm?"

"Oh come on, you can't fool me. You've been drinking coffee more often, and there's bags under your eyes, as well as your hair is a mess. You haven't even changed clothes" Arthur informed as Alfred laughed a little. It was true, he had been on top of everything lately, and even had sent to make more guns, by a gun master named Tino Vainomonen.