ch.29: sacrifices must be made

(so..my lovelies, mis amores, my loves, i have to be honest with you concerning my kinda lack of updates. My real life has been rather a bit of a mess, since I'm moving so...that explains why i can't spend my time writing these amazing stories, you all so much love to read. I am trying to type up whatever i can, and not make this terrible writing so you all can enjoy some mystery or suspense even romantic, loving scenes to drama. but its becoming harder lately since my life quite mess. i hope you all understand, my late update problems, but nonetheless I will continue to try! 

p.s. my updates may consist of errors, and need of edit.. so sorry >_<  )

~Zelli 

________________________________________

The darkness was the only thing to be seen and the skilled footsteps that creeped through the darkness. Francois lifted a finger to his lips, signaling for the hostages to be quiet. Arthur could feel his heart beat louder, could the enemy hear that? could the enemy hear them breathe?

suddenly the footsteps stopped all together.. there was a spark of light, dark blue light and suddenly a lighting magical white cat with a dark blue aura appeared. Arthur looked at the royals and back at that cat, the cat seemed to be looking for something..someone?

As the white kitten continued to search, it stopped. sniffing the air, when its dark blue eyes turned to look at the royals. It meowed and suddenly the footsteps that were once heard began to run towards them. Francois began to rush the rest into a trail, as he began to take out his weapon, but then the shouts were heard.

"hey! stop! angel!devil! future Queenie!" a familiar danish voice called out as Arthur stopped. he knew that voice, it was Knight Mathias of Northmagin. The angel stopped running as Francois looked annoyed, and desperate to leave.

"it could be a trap! are you stupid!" Francois hissed as Arthur had gotten everyones attention. Gilbert began to stop from running as he narrowed his eyes to look through the darkness of the forest.

Arthur! its us!" Mathias yelled when there was a harsh muttered whisper, "sorry, lukas, the cat was sure it was them-" Mathias began to say when Arthur began to walk towards the voices that hid in the darkest shades of the woods. The Angel took careful steps, not sure if this could be a trap or not. As Arthur looked towards the figures of men, he noticed they were real. no fiction of his imagination, instead they were real. Finally a sign of hope!

"its you! bloody hell! you almost gave me a heart attack!" arthur spoke as the nordic brothers smiled. mathias walked towards Arthur and looked at the Angel up and down, to see if the brit had any injuries.

"oh thank the haven!" Tino said as he walked towards the oracles beginning to inspect them for possible injuries. "theyre all safe! minor injuries, but safe. as for the devil...he needs treatment. he has very bad chain marks-" Tino said as lukas was on the case immediately. The nordic brothers began to look at Francois.

"and..whos he?" Mathias asked as he pointed towards the frenchman.

"he helped us escape." Elizaveta spoke, as Lily was at Francois's side, seeing if he needed anything. it seemed that Francois had a heart after all and a soft spot for the princess/oracle. "i think someone has a little crush!" elizaveta joked when francois began to glare at the oracle, while lily began to blush heavily.

"not true!" lily managed to say through her blush. Although her eyes looked worried even concerned as to what Francois had to say about the possibility. The frenchman only gave her a small smile, so small that it only appeared for a second, and all for Lily.  Mathias began to put a serious face as a bird  flew out of the trees and came closer to him. It landed on his shoulder, it was a celestial bird. one that was for the nighttime. The danish man looked serious as the bird laid its head against its trainers head, and the two seemed to share a moment before Mathias understood what was happening. 

"we need to move. immediately. seems like there are more people in these woods, and not good people"the danish informed as he began to signal the oracles, angel and devil towards a trail. The celestial bird quietly flew off its trainers shoulder and into the darkness of the trees. There were footsteps, and voices heard in the distant. The nordics began to rush their group into the trail, that was so narrow and held vines with thorns around it. "one by one, quick and calmly walk" Mathias ordered as the first to enter were the oracles, then gilbert and Arthur, the nordics were last. The footsteps were getting closer, they were far too close now. Mathias looked between Francois and himself.

"go on, I'll distract them" Mathias said as francois laughed almost sadly.

"na, i'll stay. after all...life really isn't worth living unless there is something fun to risk your life for? right?" francois asked as he smirked, mathias looked at the frenchman and sighed,

"i'll stay with-"

"you have a family. i have noone. no-one will miss me, just go" francois ushered, "dont make me hate this decision, idiot." Mathias looked at the frenchman with disbelief, how could this enemy, turn form day to night? had something happened that had inspired this enemy to change?

"but Princess Lily will" Mathias quietly responded as he watched Francois look a bit regretful and sad. after a short period of silence, that only lasted mere seconds, he replied..

"that's why I'm doing it, for her... so move." Francois replied coldly, trying not to show any emotion, but failing terribly because his eyes couldn't hide the sadness and even worry he held. 

"thanks...but why?" mathias asked, as he heard the voices begin to call out that they knew where the hostages were. Francois smirked,

"because...lily showed me kindness...nothing more to it. so, take care of her...now leave!" Francois ushered as the danish man handed a sword to Francois and began to enter the narrow path. francois took out a cigarette and lighted it up, he took the sword and cut the path up, letting the thorny vines fall, and hide the path. The frenchman noticed many replicated people, with their dark black soulless eyes. but also, Kuro and Daniel.

"didnt expect this from you, frenchie" daniel admitted as he smirked, his eyes looked dark. almost amused. Francois took a drag of his cigarette and blew out the smoke, as he calmly stood there against his former 'friends'

"didnt expect to be caught," Francois replied as he let his cigarette fall. he crushed it with his foot and smirked, holding the sword in his hand. "lets play," francois said as people began to charge at him.

————————————————————-

As the oracles and holy symbols, of the realms made it through. mathias was the last one to get thorugh. lily looked at the path confused, "wheres..." she began to say when mathias simply hugged her.

"he stayed back." Mathias answered quietly as he felt Lily's shoulders droop down. The danish man hugged her, and quietly gave her console. There was nothing he could do in all honesty. Sacrifices had to be made to help win a war, and having the royals on their side safe, would make this war easier to win.

"im sorry lily-" elizaveta began to say as she reached out to her but the liechteinsteinian girl simply shook her head, this was no time for tears. She couldn't seem weak.

"its fine, he was strong-" lily began to say when there were multiply screams heard in the distance. Lily clutched onto herself as she heard those terrifying icy cold painful screams. Mathias sighed heavily and motioned for them all to continue walking, they were close to the borders, so that was good. The faster they got to the castle, to northmagin. the better things would be or so they thought...