Ch.21:

((Sorry I've been uploading kinda...weirdly, but I just wanted to say, thanks for reading!!)

~Arthur~

There was nothing but darkness in Gilberts head, it was like a thick forest of darkness. Arthur kept walking aimlessly until he made it into...a small spotlight of light, there was Ludwig there, but child Ludwig. Whom was sitting down, playing with a small wooden horse.
"Look! Gil! It's such a pretty horse!" Child Ludwig spoke, as Gilbert was sitting closer to the darkness and he smiled.

"Yes, it's a beautiful horse. I promise you, you will get a nice horse like that in the future" Gilbert told his brother as he ruffled The small German boys hair.

"Gil! I want to be a knight! So then papa won't keep being unfair with us, if I'm a knight I can protect you! And you don't have to keep protecting me" ludwig said as he grabbed a small wooden sword. He stood up and held the sword up proudly, "I would be a good knight! To protect people!"

Gilbert laughed, "yes, west, you will become a great knight"

"Gil...is that why you have that mark? The havens mark? Right? To protect people?" Little ludiwg asked, Gilbert seems to frown as his red eyes looked at his brother with a sad look but he smiled. A fake smile,

"Of course! I will protect people, I don't want to hurt any one" Gilbert said as his voice trailed off, and suddenly the light source that held Young Ludwig was gone. Replaced by momentary darkness. Then another bright light appeared, like a stage light. Arthur watched as Gilbert was watching his own past memories. His 18 year old self was against a wall, as his father held Gilbert by his throat.

"Stupid boy! Stupid! Child!" His father yelled as he slapped Gilbert hard across the face, breaking his lip. "What did I ever do to deserve such a devil of a son!" He yelled, slurring some words. Gilbert smirked, and wiped some blood from his lip.

"Being the devil yourself, father" Gilbert replied as he was punched straight in the gut by his own old man. Arthur walked closer to the Gilbert that watched,

"This happened a lot at home, these are just memories." Gilbert informed to Arthur, the two watched as 15 year old Ludwig entered the house.

"Vater!" Ludwig yelled as he grabbed his old man and pulled him back. Gilbert was leaning on the wall, holding on to his stomach. Blood beginning to pour out of his mouth, "you can't keep hurting Gil-" Ludwig began saying when his own drunk father turned on Ludwig and punched him straight in the jaw. Ludwig couldn't have been more than 15 at the time. Ludwig was knocked down by his drunk fathers harsh punch, as Gilbert yelled.

"DONT YOU DARE TOUCH HIM!" The Prussian yelled in anger. "DONT EVER TOUCH LUDWIG AGAIN!!" Gilbert yelled as he grabbed his old man by throat and threw him with such in humane force against the table, causing it to break. "Never touch Ludwig!" Gilbert growled, his red eyes glistening with a red glow. 18 years old Gilbert helped his fifteen year old brother up.
"You're nothing but a drunken bastard!" 18year old Gilbert yelled at his father

"And you're nothing but a burden!" His father yelled back, he stood up from the broken table. Limping towards Gilbert. "You are a devil." He growled, the Prussian smirked.

"And you're the one who created this devil." Gilbert growled back, Ludwig held on to his brother.

"Brother, please...let's not make this worse" Ludwig pleaded, when suddenly their father tackled Gilbert down. Ludwig fell to a side, as he tried to scurry up and grab his father but the Prussian let himself be beat. Until his father accidentally punched Ludwig in the face, ludwig fell back, his nose bleeding, and it seemed like something snapped in the Prussian. Gilbert grabbed his drunk father by his throat and threw him back on the ground, beginning beginning to top the man, and punch him repeatedly in the face. Bashing the old mans face, with his fists. Blood began to stain the wooden floors as well as Gilberts fists,