Ch11: a day away

Alfred couldn't even sleep on the idea that Arthur maybe wasn't there. The American had gotten up many times at night to check Arthurs room. Only to see the Brit didn't even arrive to his bedroom the entire night. As Alfred had waited for Arthur, he has snooped around the room. Finding drawings, even a few written messages around about his research on angels and Devils.
Alfred had figured out that stressing a potential angel or Devils feelings could affect their hearts and their magical levels could lower and even they could lean towards the devilish side. In conclusion if Alfred couldn't keep Arthur happy..then he would be a devil...

Alfred marched to Mathews bedroom and found his brother was looking at some documents. "Mattie!!"

"A-Alfred? What's wrong? You don't come here unless somethings wrong"

"Mattie, I can't even pay a visit to my dear brother?"

"N-no...but I know when you come here it's so I can listen to you rant.." Mathew admitted shyly. "But what's the problem?"

"....it's...Arthur, he hasn't gone to his bedroom the entire night. Do you know where he is? Maybe he left? Ran away-"

"Or maybe he just wanted to spend time with the noble ladies, remember Alfred our palace has homed many nobles of our court" Mathew suggested as Alfred looked a bit relieved but angry.

"That doesn't make sense! Why would he want to sleep with a noble, when supposedly He has me!?"

"Alfred...I don't think you know how Arthur feels" Mattie said as he fixed his glasses, "you're dating Natalya, which means you don't like Arthur and don't even think of him as your anything so why should Arthur do the same? When both of you aren't tied to eachother?" Mattie asked.
Alfred knew his brother had a point, but the idea of Arthur looking for someone else...made him angry.

"But Arthur-"

"Alfred. Drop it, you yourself have bedded many noble girls, calm down." Mattie said, "I know you may Not appeal to the idea of Arthur bedding a girl, but in the end, he's your nothing except guest. So your rule on him isn't as strong on poor Arthur, just leave him. He's old enough to know the consequences"

"But Mattie!!" Alfred whined. "Arthur doesn't seem like he would do that to me-"

"Okay alfred, I'm Sorry to ask...but what exactly are you with Arthur? You're his..?"

"...friend? King? Soulmate?" Alfred asked, Mattie laughed and shook his head.

"See. Even you don't know, so why ask me? I may talk to Arthur more, but doesn't mean I know exactly what's going on in his head. He will appear"

"And if he doesn't??" Alfred asked worried,

"Then we just find him again" Mathew said as Alfred sighed heavily. "Alfred don't worry! He will appear, around evening? That's when you'd appear at least"

"But arthur isn't me!"

"But he is a man." Mathew stated, "Alfred, just don't worry. Tell me...will you choose between Natalya or Arthur?"

"......that's my choice" Alfred mumbled

"Yes I know, so give it time." Mathew said in a dismissive tone. Alfred sighed in defeat, Mathew had a point and Alfred just had to wait.

******************

Arthur had taken everyone to the small cottage in the forest. Arthur calmly greeted the dragons, there was a fiery red colored dragon named Fury, then a wonderful cream colored dragon with the brightest clear blue colored eyes, as well as some blue scaled, named lagoon. There was a dark colored dragon named Nessi, she seemed more of a Swimming dragon.