Ch.13 promise

As Alfred waited for the oracles, it seemed as though Arthur had fallen into a painful fit. The Brit began groaning in pain as he clenched his stomach and hugged his body, it seemed as thought Arthur were trying to fight something or was in greater pain. Alfred watched helplessly and desperately as his soulmate was in pain as he slept.
"Arthur! Dude! Wake up!" Alfred began saying when Lovino grabbed the American roughly and pulled him away from Arthur. "What the-"

"He's going to burst. And when he does...it's not good, we have to go" Lovino urged as Alfred pushed the Italian away. "Bastardo! We have to go!"

"No! I'm not leaving Arthur!" Alfred stated with a strong voice. His blue eyes were worried and very determined to stay with Arthur. Lovino scowled.

"You can't. Unless you want to be burned alive. Okay?! When an angel or devil transforms into full fledged they will spread their magic, and I heard it hurts people when they are in the same room with them as they evolved. Usually the old angel and devil take care of their successors, but this time we don't have them!"

"So you just want me to run away? To leave Arthur-"

"Yes!! He won't even recognize you at first, he will either destroy you or...who knows" Lovino said quickly as Arthur groaned louder in pain. "Where the hell is My brother!? Or the oracles!?" Lovino asked as he looked around.

"I'm staying." Alfred decided, he felt compelled to owe this much to Arthur, to protect him. Alfred felt terrible for misjudging the English man and wanted to make up. "Thanks for telling me the consequences but dude...I got this"

"You don't have magic "

"So what? I'm a hero, just...do what you gotta do and leave me here." Alfred said quietly as he looked at a pained Arthur, he seemed almost possess. His body withering and wiggling like a worm on hot concrete. As if he were about to die, and it pained Alfred to see his soulmate like that.

"You're a king-"

"And my brother can take over if I die...I owe this much to Arthur.."

"Bastardo you can't-" Lovino began saying when there was a huge flash of light in the room. It came from Arthurs body. As the light that was so blinding and pure began to dim, Arthur was standing up. The room looked burned, but the beds and equipment were still in place just the color black. Arthurs green eyes were illuminating so bright that they looked like the clearest green, but his face looked so unemotional. Behind him was the silhouette of wings, as well as the horns on his head.
"He hasn't decided what he wants to be..." Lovino whispered as he looked surprises. His brown eyes looked like they had made the most shocking discovery of the century. He wasn't dead, so that was a bonus.

"Arthur?' Alfred whispered gently as Arthur seemed to flinch at the name. The Brit turned his head and looked towards Alfred, an un emotionless expression.

"An angel you want me to be...but a devil is how I feel..." He muttered, his voice quiet. Alfred felt very surprised to hear those words. "But I don't want to be the devil...I want to be good..I feel like the realms are good...the people just aren't" Arthur said, it was as if he were speaking to himself or to someone invisible in the room.

"Arthur? Dude...you're not making sense" Alfred said quietly as he approached the Brit. Taking slow steps. Lovino seemed to tense,

"He won't ever love me...so why make me suffer, Haven?" Arthur asked. His mind was somewhere else, but his body and his words were saying another thing. It seemed as though his brain was actually talking to a Deity who wants present in the room. "Because it's fated? Because of love? I love him...I'm not sure...yet..." Arthur spoke to the invisible presence. Alfred was only a step away from the Brit as he reached out, suddenly Arthur grasped his arm. The sensation of skin burning was spreading on his arm.