Ch. 16 the devil

After that meeting, Alfred had asked Arthur to wait for him at the gardens downstairs, where there were many beautiful flowers. Arthur did as told and left the Royal brothers alone.
"What do you mean that's your idea?!" Mattie argued, he was shocked,thrown off guard by Alfreds sudden request.

"Yeah Mattie. That's my plan, we get Toris here, he escorts Natalya, but because you know I'm her 'boyfriend' at the time....I will ask for a duel or he will. I lose it after intense fighting, and Natalya is his! Easy peasy! Ivan doesn't try and kill me, we don't have problems. Weeks later I proclaim that Arthur is my one and only and bam! Done!" Alfred said in an enthusiastic voice. Mathew shook his head,

"And...haven't you thought if Arthur approves this? I mean he is getting used to the whole 'being an angel and Northmanni nobles hate me' thing." Mathew told his brother as Alfred sighed

"So long as David isn't near Arthur, it's alright. And we need to find The Devil, I heard the oracles had actually sensed him...but instead ran into a group of hunters. That's means The Devil is being hunted down" Alfred informed as he looked serious, "you know...very well...an angel and a devil if on opposite sides could create chaos in our world"

"But Arthur would never try to kill you" Mathew replied, more like he stated it. As if he knew it. Alfred raised a brow, "what? It's true, have you seen the way Arthur trusts you completely? He didn't even run away to try and heal himself for magic because he promised you! You stubborn bum!"

"Yea...I was a jerk, but I really do want to try things out with Arthur" Alfred sincerely replied, "I don't want to hurt him, I don't...but I'm afraid...I will"

"Not like you haven't already" Mathew mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that!" Alfred yelled back, "but...anyways, I better go to Arthur, he seemed shaken up after that meeting. Did you see the way he looked? Helpless, almost as if he wanted to run away, but then he turned stubborn...he's cute that way"

Mathew coughed, "you're-" cough "in " cough "love!" Cough. Alfred felt his cheeks begin to blush as he shook his head,

"I'm not in love dude!! I barely know him!!"

"Sure ya don't, you mean barging into his room, getting jealous, talking to him, being together,  is barely knowing eachother, then...I have to tell you Brother, you're fucked up"

"Mattie!!!" Alfred whined, "shut up! I don't know love-"

"Well learn to, cause your Prince Charming is down stairs waiting, now go on. " Mattie shooed his brother out of the room. "And don't worry about the plan, I'll help you. As for your love life, I can only do so much"

Alfred smiled and left his brother to go see Arthur. Alfred saw from a distance how Arthur was inspecting the roses and how kind he looked. He seemed relax and comfortable but suddenly he began blushing. Alfred really wanted to know what had his future Queen blushing.

Arthur had been looking at some roses when he thought back to Davids comment, 'an heir' Arthur blushed furiously. How could he possibly give Alfred an heir?! He was just a guy...and according to science and anatomy...guys couldn't have kids.

"Whatcha blushing about?" Arthur heard the familiar voice. The Brit turned to look into heavenly blue eyes as they smiled at him. "Your cheeks are extremely red"

"I-uh-just...umm...n-nothing"

"Oh cmon Artie! You can't hide things from me"

"It's nothing, really." Arthur insisted, "but anyways, umm...you wanted to talk to me?"