Ch.9 magical problems

Arthur knew Alfred would never actually love him...just wasn't possible. He caught a shirtless Alfred with Princess Natalya. It seemed they were busy, and it made him...feel betrayed.

"Hey, Arthur? You okay?" Emma asked as she appeared before him. Arthur was out in the gardens, walking. "Your aura..is...gloomy" she said as Arthur noticed he was feeling depressed. Arthur forced a smile and nodded.

"I'm alright Emma, so...how ya been?" Arthur asked as Emma sighed and continued

"Well, I'm going to start teaching you magic. To control yourself more, in case you know...you may go into a type of tantrum"

"Emma...I've been feeling weird lately. I just...get all happy when Alfreds around but yesterday I met someoone...else. Who made me feel calm and soothed down, you know, as if I could trust him..kinda like good friends" Arthur informed his fairy guardian as she smiled,

"Well...Alfred is your soulmate as for the mysterious man of yours, he could become a great friend, you know"

"Well...I don't know, I was very unfazed by it, but...I think it's because of the stress I've been going through lately"

"Stress? You mean love problems?" Emma asked as she giggled a little. Arthur rolled his eyes,

"No...maybe...but no" Arthur said as he stopped walking. He felt as though he were being watched, as if..someone was around. "Emma. Hide." Arthur ordered as Emma disappeared. Arthur looked around, as he closed his eyes and let his senses take him. His magical power flowed through the human land, although it wasn't strong but it was enough to sense a life form come by. Arthur turned his body towards the life source that wasn't him.

"Hello" a voice said as Arthur opened his eyes and met dark eyes. "Sorry...I was just...passing by" the man said. He looked a lot like a noble. "What are you doing here? Are you a trespasser?" The man asked as he reached for his sword but Arthur held his hands up, in innocence

"I'm a guest...of some sort...Im not trespassing, I've been living in the castle since the start of last week" Arthur informed the man as this man let go of his sword and stood up straighter. Smiling at Arthur, it wasn't kind, it was forced.

"David Bluerose" he introduced himself

"Arthur Kirkland" Arthur replied as he noticed the Noble slightly twitch at the mention of his name. His smile faded but it turned into a sly smile full of mischievousness.

"Pleasure to meet you, so what were you doing here?" David asked as Arthur looked around. "Were you possibly just taking a walk?"

"Umm...yes. To clear my mind. I should probably...go" Arthur said as he stepped back, something didn't feel right about this David. The way he looked at him was almost hateful, and...with interest, but not of the good kind.

"Why leave so soon?" David asked as he stepped forward. Arthur stepped back

"I'm sorry, but I promised Francis I would go to the pub with him"

"Oh, then please go. Enjoy your night out" David said as he stopped walking and laughed. His smile didn't quite get to his eyes, but Arthur nodded and rushed away.
David was very intrigued by Arthur, he would be easy to manipulate. If he truly was Alfreds Soul mate and an Angel or devil, then maybe...he could use Arthur to get the throne.

Arthur rushed back into the castle, only to see Natalya and Alfred having a delightful picnic. Arthur continued walking without looking at the perfect couple. He knew his heart was aching and seeing Alfred smile would make his heart tangle up and want to cry. The Brit continued walking until he got to his room. He closed it abruptly and sat down against the door.
"I need to keep it up" Arthur told himself, "I am not his, he is not mines. You're okay Arthur. Everything will be okay" he whispered to himself as he felt tears well up.