Ch.15 the court

"Okay, so..." Alfred began saying, "we get Toris to fight me for you. A duel, you know old fashion, and he wins. I'm humiliated, and act as though I am angered but in the end I know it was a 'fair' duel and weeks later I find my soulmate. Deal? It's good enough right? Yeah don't get embarassed, you get courted by a good guy and I get my soulmate. Done, deal?"

"Umm...i'll think of it. This is...new to me, and what do I tell my brother when he asks about our talk?" Natalya asked as her amethyst eyes looked at Alfred with worry.

"....I know you love Ivan a lot, but...dude, you need to make your own decisions sometimes. If you tell him about this plan he will kill me, politically and everything. So im leaving my fate up to your hands" Alfred said, as he looked worried but still smiled. Natalya couldn't help but smile back, he always was an idiot, but the best idiot she had met.

"Okay...I'll decide, give me a couple days"

"Okay. Gotcha, anyways...I think we should leave peacefully as thought nothing happened okay?" Alfred asked, he really didn't want drama. After this he would have a meeting with the council. Natalya smiled,

The two left the room peacefully and content as thought they had never argued, but...outside of those doors, passing the hallway was nothing worse than Lord David.

"Davie.."

"Alfie" David replied sternly as he rolled his eyes, "I see you and Miss Natalya have been talking. May I ask what?" He asked with a mischievous look. Alfred narrowed his eyes.

"Excuse me, Alfred. I must get going, I was going to have lunch with my sister and her...boyfriend." Natalya informed as she nodded politely to David and turned to look at Alfred, kissing his cheek. She was trying to make it believable that nothing wrong had happened. As the two gentlemen looked at Natalya walk off, and sway her hips a little. David began to speak.

"You haven't told her of your soulmate huh? That's a petty move. Keeping two lovers" David said with a smirk. Alfred rolled his eyes.

"That's my problem, not yours. So long as I don't affect the kingdom, it's fine"

"Having two lovers? A woman and a man, I must saw Alfred I never expected you to lean both ways and play both fields" David said with a teasing annoying voice.

"Sometimes ya gotta play both fields so you can know whatcha like" Alfred replied, a smart remark indeed. David rolled his eyes.

"So...have you found The Angel? I heard that...you did. And may I daringly say it's your little soulmate. But The Devil, now that one, I would like to know where that one is" David said as though he wanted to get further deep into Alfreds Plans. The king shrugged.

"I don't know where the devil is, and so far I don't know."

"Oh really? And if I say I know?" David asked but he looked 'innocent' as he spoke.

"Your duty is to tell me. Not keep it to yourself. Learn your role and status. You still are nothing compared to me. David." Alfred replied with a stern yet kind tone. He didn't even raise his voice which was impressive, the lord only scowled a little. A high tension between the two.

"The Devil won't be yours." David sternly said as he began to walk towards the council meeting. Alfred sighed heavily, this man was going to irritate him to death. But the king made his way to the council room as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Council room.

Alfred walked in as usual but this time he was surprised to see Arthur in there, he was nervously sitting in the middle of the room, with a desk Infront of him, as if they were going to interrogate him. Alfred looked around to look for Old Man Adam.