Chapter 26

Gee wasn't at school the following Monday. I was just getting ready to leave the building at the end of the day. My hands were clad in skeleton gloves, the ones that covered my whole hand and wasn't just cut off. You see, I thought it'd be easier to get nail polish off but it really isn't. I thought that after Gee painted my nails I can just take it off once I got home. Unfortunately, that didn't really work so I wore these gloves to cover them.

"Faggot," someone muttered, bumping into me as he walked passed.

I glared at the back of Brendon's head. I clenched my fists, walking out of the building to my car. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself as I drove to Gee's house. There was only one car in the driveway when I pulled up. I ran around to his window and called him.

"Open the door for me, baby," I said when he answered.

"Go away," he muttered sadly.

He hung up and I sighed. I walked to the front door, ringing the doorbell multiple times. The door swung open and revealed Mikey. He looked confused at first, then slightly upset. I pushed passed him and into the house.

"Hey, what the fuck?!" Mikey exclaimed.

I hurried up the stairs and over to Gee's room. The door was locked so I resorted to knocking.

"Gee, open the door, Princess," I said.

Mikey pulled on my arm and I looked at him.

"Why the fuck are you in my house and bothering my little brother?" Mikey asked.

I ignored him, turning back to the door and knocking again.

"C'mon, Baby Gee, open up," I said.

"Wait, are you the reason he's all sad?" Mikey asked. "I could kill you for hurting him."

The door opened up a crack and I saw Gee standing there, his face a mess of tears.

"Please don't hurt him, Mikey," Gee squeaked.

I pushed into the room, shutting the door before Mikey could say anything and locked it. Gee threw himself down onto his bed, crying quietly into his pillow. I sat beside him and gently rested a hand on his back.

"Baby, I'm sorry," I muttered.

"I told you I loved you and you didn't say it back," Gee said.

"I know, baby boy, I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Why? Do you not love me?" Gee questioned, looking up at me.

"It's not that I don't love you baby, it's just...I don't know, I don't know what I feel exactly, it'd be easier to explain the taste of water than to explain my feelings for you," I said.

"But whenever something gets too serious you run," gee said. "You didn't have to run away."

He got up on his knees in front of me, wiping away his tears and sniffling quietly.

"Why do you do that, daddy?" He asked. "Because Mikey's therapist said the boy he has problems with does it because he's scared. Are you scared too, daddy?"

"No," I said quickly. "I'm not scared of anything."

Gee looked even sadder by this. He hugged me tight, burying his face into my neck. I could feel his tears on my skin while he did.

"It's okay if you're scared, daddy," he whispered. "Everyone gets scared, I get scared too a lot."

I wrapped my arms around him, not wanting the chance of losing him again.