I Hate The Way I Say Goodbye

So, I've decided to write with the prompt I introduced. Thank you for all the kind words and approval for writing this. It means a lot. You guys are frickin awesome.

It doesn't make me sad when I write these kinds of one shots, it just makes me question whether you guys will like them or not. I want to fit your needs, but then I also want to fit mine.

Before we start, this may be triggering, you know. Suicide, sadness, that. I've also changed it up a tiny bit. I hope you enjoy, let's get started.

••••

The seats were filled and all the foot room was taken by awaiting audience members at the Pax Prime panel. It consisted of Mark, Jack, Bob, and Wade, and the questions on Twitter.

"Alright," Mark clapped his hands together. "'Sleepover with everyone on the panel. Who do you snuggle?'" He turned to the three men, awaiting a response.

"Jack." Bob said, turning to face him.

"Awe, come on! I wanted Jack!" Mark whined, letting his arms hang down by his sides. Jack smiled and swayed forward, caressing his chin. The audience shouted and cheered, but quickly died down.

"Okay, Jack?" Wade asked, sitting down on the couch. He rolled his eyes. Jack cupped his mic in his hand.

"I might choose Mark." He whispered, casting a glance at Mark. Once again, the crowd erupted in a loud cheer and an orchestra of shouts. "You know, his hair's like a big fluffy pillow." He finished off quickly. Mark laughed.

••••

"Anyone have a question they need to ask?" Mark asked for the last time as the newly engaged couple jumped off the stage and went back to their seats. Jack's stomach flipped.

He's gonna do it.

"Oh, dear heartthrob of YouTube," Jack started, standing in front of Mark and dropping to one knee and holding an imaginary box. He opened it and looked up at Mark, who was now holding his hands over his mouth and bouncing in place. Everyone in the auditorium clapped and cheered.

"Would you share your subscribers with me for the rest of our lives?" He asked, a smile tugging at his lips. Mark shut the imaginary box and waved his hands. Jack's stomach fell into his shoes.

"No, no, no, no," Mark added a couple of forceful, yet playful no's. Jack's smile dropped, but was quickly replaced with a larger one. He backed into the leftmost chair and started fake crying. Wade patted and caressed his back, looking at Mark with a sour look.

Jack turned around and jumped out of the chair.

"You had Wade comfort me!" Jack complained. Wade sighed and sat back down on the couch.

•••• •••• •••• •••• ••••
|One Week Later|
•••• •••• •••• •••• ••••

Yeah, they'd play some Garry's Mod together every day or so, but that didn't fix what Jack had felt at Pax. He found himself laying in bed longer than before, even after Signe would try to kiss him better. It was harder and harder to get up each day and he was sick of it.

"I'm gonna run out for a bit. I'll be back in a couple hours, okay?" She approached Jack on the couch and kissed him on the forehead. He nodded and continued watching the wall. She sighed and ran her hand through his hair before walking out the door.

Jack threw his head back and felt tears run down his cheeks.

He doesn't like me like that. I'm so stupid for even trying something like that, He thought. I can't just forget about him. I talk to him every week, if not every day. Fuck, I can't believe myself.