Reality

Sometimes, reality isn't reality. You know what I mean?

I woke up that morning with the smell of cookie dough ice cream wafting through the room like it always had. Every morning, Jack would make breakfast pancakes with ice cream on the side. I enjoyed it when he put it on the right side of my plate.

We like to go for three hour walks on the beach sometimes. It's quite fun when we can get away from family and friends to be with each other for even ten minutes because now, three hours is a stretch.

My reality isn't your reality. Remember that?

I woke up that morning and decided to roll over and kiss Jack awake, like I did sometimes. I couldn't feel him there beside me, nor did I smell the pancakes and cookie dough ice cream on the right side of my plate.

I called out his name and started to panic when I didn't receive a response. I shot out of bed and down the stairs to the kitchen, whipping my head around to make sure I hadn't missed him.

I had spent our three hours walking on the beach looking for him. I never did find him. I don't think I ever will.

Perfection comes at a cost. If you don't pay, you don't receive.

That morning, I woke up. It was different. The ring on my finger had disappeared. My bed was smaller than it was yesterday. I didn't smell anything special. No pancakes. No cookie dough ice cream on the right side of my plate.

I didn't pay, what made me think I could get something as great as him?

What's reality with all these questions? It felt like I'd missed my alarm and slept in. I kept thinking the same thing as I skipped breakfast and walks on the beach.

I didn't pay. I just got a free trial.

Sorry, this is a really foreign concept I'm not used to writing. Just a quick little test to see if I could do something like this.