Chapter 14

The YouTube link on the side is just a Naruto flash animation that I find amusing :3

Ashley's POV

"Aaarrgghh!" Naruto suddenly begins yelling, though his spastic dancing makes him trip over a tree root. "Oof! Aaaarrgghh!"

I throw the blonde an irritated look, trying to ignore Sakura as she continues staring at me, her eyes as wide as saucers.

"What the hell are you screaming for?!" I snap. "You're going to let everyone know where we are!"

"But it's the end of the world!" Naruto shouts, covering his head with his arms.

"What?" I ask wearily, just knowing that I'm going to get a stupid answer.

"It's the end of the world..." Naruto repeats, though he raises his head to peek at me, "....Because you laughed!"

Naruto bursts out laughing again at his own dumb joke, lying down on his back and flailing his arms up and down.

I stiffen at his words, my neck slowly wrenching around so I can send Naruto a deathly glare. He cracks one eye open to look at me, only to freeze, his eyes growing wide.

"I . Did. Not. Laugh!" I state icily, pronouncing each word pointedly so that maybe, just maybe, Naruto will get it through his thick skull.

"Uhh....Yeah" the blue eyed male eventually complies, nodding his head vigorously, though a sweat drop appears on the side of his head. "I um, I know you didn't laugh Ashley."

Huh. He's probably just agreeing with me to avoid a beating. Smartest thing he's done so far this week.

Suddenly sensing something directly ahead of us, I rise to my feet, squinting my eyes into the distance. It's difficult to see far however, considering how dark it is in this forest. I see Naruto shiver at the look on my face, no doubt afraid I'm actually going to attack him.

My brows furrow as I continue to stare ahead, with Sasuke and Sakura cautiously glancing over their shoulders now as well. Someone's coming......Someone familiar......

"Move it!" I suddenly cry, bending my knees and leaping straight up into the trees, as the others just look up, sending me questioning looks.

Before they can so much as respond to me, they are suddenly blasted by a powerful, gale force wind that pushes them along the ground and rips a number of plants from the ground.

"What is it now?!" Sasuke shouts over the sound of the wind, as he, Naruto and Sakura all throw up their arms and try to brace themselves against the gale. Watching from a high branch and hidden from view, I watch as my teammates scatter in different directions, just as someone steps into view.

My eyes immediately widen and I duck back behind the trunk of the tree I'm standing on, suppressing a horrified gasp. No.....No, this isn't happening! How can he have found us already? Maybe if we all just remain hidden, he'll pass through and leave us alone.....

'What wishful thinking' I muse, closing my eyes and resting the back of my head against the tree, 'He's not stupid enough to not someone is here.....'

"You two fan out" I hear the Grass Ninja order her two teammates. "I'll take care of these one myself....."

I let out a low, shaky breath and reopen my eyes, as a faint voice catches my attention and causes me to look to my left. I almost turn around and slam my face against the tree, spotting Sakura and Sasuke down on the ground, though still out of the Grass Ninja's view.