Chapter 40

Edited 19/10/2019

Ashley's POV

"How does your leg feel Shino?" I ask, crouched down beside the Aburame, green chakra fading from around my hands.

"....It feels much better" he responds in his low voice. "Thank you."

"You're welcome" I say with a sigh, rising to my feet and wincing at the pain in my back. "Hinata is feeling better too, so now...."

"Th-Thank you Ashley-chan" Hinata repeats for what feels like the hundredth time, as I glance around, checking if anyone else is injured.

Seeing as the Dynamic Cell only turned up at the last minute, Choji and Sasuke are fine. They hadn't had to use up too much chakra and didn't have the opportunity to get hurt.

I see Kakashi Sensei leaning against a tree, speaking with Asuma and Kurenai, with none of the Jonin looking particularly worse for wear. Despite the fact that they had been fighting and trying to protect all of the Genin, all three Ninja seem uninjured.

Still looking around, I spot Naruto and Sakura, as Sasuke slowly heads over to them, his hands in his pockets. Sakura smiles up at the Uchiha, though she seems very tired. Naruto on the other hand, jabs a hand at Sasuke and shouts something at him, as energetic as ever.

"Sakura, are you okay?" I ask, walking over to my team and catching their attention.

"Oh, I'm fine" the pink haired girl assures me, sweat dropping. "I just used up a bit too much chakra. I don't have an endless supply like all of you."

Naruto grins proudly, not denying his impressive chakra supply, while Sasuke just folds his arms over his chest and smirks.

"....My reserve isn't that big either" I eventually admit, kneeling down behind Sakura and placing my hands on her back.

"What are you doing?" Sakura asks, trying to look over her shoulder. "And what are you talking about? You seem to have a lot of chakra!"

"I'm giving you some of my chakra" I explain, my brows furrowing in concentration. "I don't have that much, especially compared to Naruto."

"Y-You really don't need to give me your chakra" Sakura protests. "I'll be fine if we can rest for awhile."

"I'll just give you a little bit" I tell my teammate, my eyes drifting from Sakura's back.

My gaze lands over on Kiba, who is petting the sleeping Akamaru in his lap, seemingly deep in thought, if his creased brows are anything to go by. I feel my body stiffen suddenly when his eyes flick up to meet mine, a slight movement that immediately causes me to lower my head and stare, wide eyed, at Sakura's back again.

My heart beats loudly in my own ears as I focus intently on the green chakra surrounding my hands. Why do I feel so nervous? And why is my face so warm? I just don't understand this at all. I've never had a feeling like this before......And I've never reacted to another person this way. What is it about Kiba that is making me behave like this?

I close my eyes and, with a heavy sigh, drop my hands into my lap, my chakra fading away. I feel tired, my back still really stings and I'm strangely warm. As far as I'm aware, this mission hasn't even really started yet either....

I look down and turn my palms up to face me. My hands are trembling slightly. Maybe I used up too much chakra healing people? I was honest when I'd said that my chakra reserve isn't particularly large, and I'm not exactly a practised Medical Ninja either. I'm sure I use way too much chakra when performing basic healing.