Chapter 45

Edited 09/11/2019

Ashley's POV

I stare at Saffire in complete disbelief, my body frozen in place and my breath stuck in my throat. I can't even tell if my heart is beating right now, though I'm sure it is.

She grins back at me, a teasing look on her face. She seems to be enjoying my shock for some reason.

"Did you just......" I trail off, my voice barely audible over the rain. "....There are others?"

"Sure are!" Saffire confirms, reaching out and slapping me on the back. I stumble forward a step, blinking as I am smacked out of my stupor.

"Where?!" I demand to know, urgently grabbing onto Saffire's shirt, my eyes imploring. "How?!"

"Other Minami?" Ace asks, his ears pricked up. "I cannot believe it. What a wonderful miracle...."

"Where are they Saffire?" I ask again, almost begging.

"C'mon" the older girl laughs, placing her hand on my head and affectionately roughing up my hair. "I'll take you to em. They'll be so surprised!"

I can't help beaming back at Saffire, my eyes glittering and my hands now clasped together under my chin.

I can't believe it! After all this time.....All this time thinking all the members of my Clan are dead. All this time wishing, painfully wishing, to be together with them again, I actually have that chance......

I don't remember ever feeling so happy and excited and overwhelmed at the same time. Even though it's dark and the rain is pouring down on us, I feel as though I've stepped out into the sunlight and everything seems to bright!

I allow Saffire to take my hand and begin to lead me away, with Fang and Ace following close behind, when a voice catches my attention.

"Hey..." Kiba speaks up uncertainly, causing all of us to turn around. Saffire gives the Inuzuka a deadpan look, clearly unimpressed that he is even here.

I catch Kiba's hesitation when he sees my face, my eyes round and my mouth curled up into a joyful smile. I tilt my head at him, silently asking what's wrong with him?

".....Shouldn't we check in with everyone at the Inn before we go off anywhere first?" Kiba suggests, shrugging his shoulders. "I know you're excited, but...."

"Feel free to go back on your own and tell all those other Leaf Ninja what's going on" Saffire offers Kiba dryly. "Ashley meeting up with her Clan is way more important than you guys."

Kiba's eyes narrow slightly at Saffire, his jaw setting. It's safe to say, I don't think Kiba and Saffire like each other very much. Although I have no idea why.

"If you think I'm gonna ditch Ashley out here with some random chick who tried to kill us" Kiba retorts, "You're dead wrong."

"Some random chick?!" Saffire repeats hotly, dropping my hand and stomping towards Kiba, her eyes flashing with annoyance. "Look here buddy. I dunno who you are and I don't care, but Ashley is my best friend and I'm taking her to see her Clan! You got that?! Why don't you just-"

"Get your hand out of my face" Kiba commands, interrupting Saffire as he shoves the hand she had pointed at him away. "I get that you're important to Ashley, but so are her other friends and they're worried about her!"