Chapter 24

Edited 12/02/2016

Hi guys :) I just want to let you know ahead of time that I will be skipping through one of the fights in this chapter, otherwise we'll be here for a long time reading about a fight that we've all already seen in the anime or read in the manga.

If you have no idea what happens in the original story........Why are you reading a fanfiction haha xD

I'll leave a very brief description of what went down during the fight at the end of this chapter, for those of you who can't remember or genuinely don't know.

Enjoy!

Ashley's POV

I slowly make my way back up the stairs to the balcony, only to pause when I hear Choji shouting something about getting all you can eat barbecue after this part of the Exam is over.

'All you can eat?' I think, raising one eyebrow. 'I want all you can eat barbecue too!'

"Ashley, you're back!" Sakura shouts happily, snapping me out of my delicious train of though as she rushes over. The girl latches herself onto my arm, looking up at me through large, sparkling eyes.

"........" I stare at Sakura through hooded eyes, once again lifting my brow. "...I wasn't gone for that long you know."

The pinkette merely grins at me, dragging me back over towards Naruto and Kakashi. I sweat drop as we pass a starry eyed Lee, doing my best to ignore the strange boy. I guess I don't mind him, he's just a bit odd sometimes.

"Hey Naruto" I say, noticing his glum expression as Sakura releases my arm, "What's wrong with you?"

"I don't think he enjoyed Neji and Hinata's fight very much" my pink haired teammate explains, seeing that Naruto doesn't want to answer me. "Neji was pretty heartless and hurt Hinata more than he needed to."

"The Medic Ninja were all pretty worried about her" I recall, turning my head as someone approaches us from behind.

"Well, well" a vaguely familiar voice sneers, "Look at all the little Leaf Ninja getting along so well."

Frowning when I see that Kankuro is now standing near us, hands in his pockets, I abruptly turn back around.

"Did you guys hear something?" I wonder innocently, only for Lee to play along and shake his head. Sakura glares up at Kankuro, though she hides behind me as she does so.

Bravest of the brave she is.

"Nothing worth hearing" the pinkette adds pointedly, poking her tongue out at Kankuro.

"What's it to you?" Naruto asks grumpily, looking away and pouting to himself.

"Geez" Kankuro mutters, "You guys sure are touchy."

Pursing his lips in thought, the Sand Ninja glances over his shoulder at Lee's team a few metres away, as Neji comes to a stop near them and exchanges a few words with his Sensei.

"So, tell me a bit about that Neji guy" Kankuro requests innocently, though I can't help narrowing my eyes in suspicion. Why does he want information on Neji? "I get the feeling he didn't really show his full power during that match. What's his story?"

"I'm gonna pulverise him!" Naruto announces determinedly, whirling around and throwing one fist up into the air. "That's his story!"