Just Great

Nalani steps into her apartment at 2:30 in the morning and abruptly slams the door. She stumbles to find the light switch so that she can sleep off her drunkiness.

Flashback

After her run in with the cop, she experienced a fleeting moment of happiness that didn't last once she got back to her apartment. All of Seun's stuff was gone but the memories are still there. The vase she smashed was still in pieces on the ground. The insincere note that was left by Seun is still shredded and spread everywhere. Nalani decided she could not handle her feelings so she put on her sexiest dress, did her makeup, called an uber (because safety first) and went out to get drunk.

Half way through the night she turns her phone off so she wouldn't have to see the constant calls from her sister. She dances on anyone she could and accepts as many drinks as she could.

Nyko, the six foot four, 45 year old, extremely muscular, owner of the bar stands and watches her with his arms crossed and a frown on his face. It wasn't like her to act this way. He has only ever seen her as the designated driver or she cut herself off before she hit her limit.

Tonight was not one of those nights. Nyko realized that when she started grinding on every person she could and dancing on the bar. He rolled his eyes after her seventh time saying f---- you Seun. And pulls out his phone.

"It's me. Yea, she's here. Currently dancing on my counter tops. Come. Get. Her. I don't care if she doesn't want to talk to you." He shakes his head and glares at where Nalani was now slumped in one of his booths. "Fine. I'll call her an uber but you owe me." He hung up, got out a water bottle and walked over to Nalani. Her face on the table and her eyes closed and placed the cold water bottle on her neck.

She shrieks. "What the hell! Nyko!" She glares up at him. "Here. Drink." He passes the water to her. "You're uber will be here in ten minutes."

She grabs the water thankfully and chugs half of it before returning her head to the table. Nyko looks down at her pitifully. "Do you.....want to talk about it?"

She doesn't lift her head from the table as she responds. "You sound like my sister. I don't need a shrink right now. And I don't need your I told you so's. I know you never liked him." She sobs quietly. Nyko grimaces and goes to reach for her back to soothe her but thinks better of it and pulls his hand back.

He pats her head instead. "There. There. Little foot. You'll find someone else."

She chuckles and pushes his hand off of her head. Standing from the booth she grabs him by the middle and pulls him into a hug. He is surprised but hugs her back resting his chin on her head.

"You haven't called me little foot in forever." She says into his chest. "Well you haven't been this sad in forever." He pulls back from her and gazes into her eyes.

"I know you don't want to hear it but that boy was no good for you. You deserve better." He patted her on her back. "Now go home and sleep this off and drink some water you'll feel better eventually." He pushes her towards the door.

Present time

She continues stumbling through the darkness searching for the light. "Damn it." She trips over her shoes. A lamp light suddenly turns on. She screams before turning to find her sister sitting in her arm chair with her arms crossed.

"You scared the shit out of me. What are you doing here?" She puts her hand on her chest to calm her rapidly beating heart.

Leilani just stands and brings her a water bottle and two aspirin. She holds it out for her to take before reaching for her arm and pulling her to the bedroom.

Leilani starts helping take off her dress and put on her pajamas. Without saying a word she takes a make up wipe and wipes Nalani's face and gives her some mouthwash to gargle with.

After Nalani is relatively clean Leilani pulls back the covers of her bed and motions for her to get in. Nalani slides in on the left while Leilani gets in on the right. She turns the light off and wraps her arms around Nalani holding her tight.

Nalani holds Leilani's arms close to her body. Tears falling down her eyes. "I'm sorry." She whispers quietly.

Leilani takes one arm and soothingly rubs her back. "It's not your fault."

Nalani cries herself to sleep while Leilani holds her.

Sisters are great. I switch between Nalani and Cameron a lot but I'll stop as soon as they are on the same page literally and figuratively.

Also the bond that Leilani and Nalani have is not the same as Hayden and Cameron so don't expect the same.

Thanks for reading!!! Let me know what you think. See you next time.