Schemes

The next morning, Nalani steps out of the shower to see Seun still on the floor but fully conscious staring up at the ceiling fan. She ignores him and steps to her dresser, grabbing a sports bra and shorts. She hears him groan on the floor and rolls her eyes while pulling on her clothes, "What are you still doing in my house."

"Nalani baby, I need your help." He begs on his knees in front of her. "She's gonna kill me."

She moves away from him getting her phone and taking it off the charger. It's turned off. It must have died she thinks to herself as she turns it back on. "Seun you cheated on her. You kinda deserve it don't you think?" Her phone turns on and she sees a bunch of messages from her sister, Reggie, Nyko, even Hayden, but none from Cameron. She sighs thinking about the conversation she's going to have with Cameron.

She looks back to Seun and realizes he's been talking the whole time she's been thinking to herself. "What were you saying?" Seun smirks, "Oh Sca--" She moves in front of him suddenly pushing her arm against his throat, "If you call me Scatterbrained one more time I'm gonna kick your ass and personally deliver you to Rosita so she can kill you."

Seun gulps as she moves away, "Like I was saying. Rosita doesn't want me dead. She's actually already forgiven me. She's an amazing woman. Nice and wonderful and truly understanding. She's so perfect." Nalani clears her throat and motions for him to move it along. "Well, it's Rosa who wants me dead. Well tortured first, then dead."

Nalani shakes her head and walks out of her bedroom toward the kitchen."But wait. She's the one who you cheated with. Why is she so upset?" Seun shrugs and follows her continuing, "She doesn't want me dead because of the cheating. She wants me dead because me and Rosita were going to run away together. Rosita was going to give up the drug life for me and Rosa didn't want her sister to leave the business so she was just gonna kill me. So she wouldn't be distracted anymore." They make it to the kitchen door but abruptly stop when they hear, "What?!"

Seun and Nalani turn to see Leilani, their parents, Nyko, Reggie, Anais, and Hayden standing in the living room. Seun sighs, "Oh good the gang's all here." Nalani looks around noticing Hayden but not her sister. Hayden shrugs her shoulders, "Cam didn't answer my calls this morning."

"Why are you all in my house this time?" Nalani questions. "We were actually planning to have an intervention about that douchebag." Leilani points toward Seun and he flicks her off.  "But I guess now we all need an explanation." Everyone turns toward Seun and he throws his hands in the air.

"Ugh, do I really have to tell this story again?" Seun feels a firm grip on his shoulder gradually getting firmer. He looks behind him to see Noah's angry face and, "Son, I think you should start from the beginning, don't you?" Seun gulps and takes a deep breath.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameron stands by the coffee maker at the station absently pouring milk into her coffee. "Woah, have a little coffee with your milk." Cameron smiles slightly as her new partner comes up to the table. Her partner chuckles, "I know it was lame but usually I get at least a pity chuckle from dad jokes."

Cameron cracks an actual smile and looks up at her. "Sorry I'm just not feeling great." They both get their coffee making their way to the desks. She nudges Cameron's shoulder, "You wanna talk about it, sunshine?"

Cameron nods her head slightly. "It's just. I thought I had a really good thing going with this girl. I really thought I was falling for her but then her ex-boyfriend turns back up and it's looking like I'm last weeks trash." Cameron sighs and idly plays with the keyboard on her desk. Her partner rubs her arm comfortingly. "Well have you tried talking to her. There's probably a reason he's an ex right?"

"Yea you'd think but that's where it gets complicated." Cameron looks at her desktop computers' clock. "Actually Seun should be here soon to give a statement."

Her partner pricks up suddenly unbeknownst to Cameron who is going through her phone to call Seun. "I guess I'll call to see where he's at. With any luck he'll have skipped town again." She gets up to place the call in a quieter place. She turns back, "Thanks for listening to me Rosaline it's kinda helped." Rosaline smiles reassuringly. "No problem Cam but I thought I told you to call me Rosa. When you finish your call we can talk more about this Seun and figure out how to get your girl back." Cameron smiles before leaving to take her call.

Rosa's smile shifts into a frown as she pulls out her phone. "He's coming to the station, get ready."

Authors note: Dun dun dunnnnnn. I wonder what's going to happen. Tune in next time for the thrilling continuation. Also communication is the key to a healthy relationship, remember that kiddos. Lots of unnecessary crap could be avoided.