Back Again

The party guests gather outside Nalani's front lawn. Seun is sitting up on the grass leaning against Nalani's father. He has two black eyes and blood is dripping from his head and his lip.

Nalani runs to him and hugs him, asking questions rapidly. Cameron hangs back frowning and listening intently.

Nalani finally calms down and pushes Seun away. "Seun what the hell happened to you?" She looks down at the rest of his body, covered in burns and knife wounds. "You look like a pig about to be barbecued."

Seun chuckles, "I missed you so much, love muffin."
Cameron rolls her eyes, she sees Leilani make the vomit motion with her hand. Luana is standing next to Leilani with a frown and crossed arms. Cameron sees that pretty much everyone at the party has the same frown on their faces. It appears the only one happy to see Seun is Nalani. Cameron sighs before walking up to Seun and kneeling.

"Sir, we need to get you to a hospital and have officers take a statement from you." She places a tentative hand on Seun's arm to get his attention. Both Seun and Nalani look up suddenly not realizing another person has joined them. Nalani gets up and backs away from Seun, she clenches her fists gazing at the ground.

Seun angrily snatches his arm away from Cameron, "No cops. I'm fine. I just need my med kit." He finally looks up to see all the people staring at him. He goes to stand and his knees buckle, Nalani and her father rush to help him but Cameron is the closest. She grabs him around the waist and he puts an arm around her shoulder. He nods gratefully, "Thanks, who are you, though?"

Cameron looks back at Nalani worrying her hands and biting her lip. "Detective Cameron Duncan, here for the cookout. Let's get you inside and get you cleaned up." She shuffles him past Nalani and avoids eye contact with her.

Everyone else follows them inside while Nalani stares blankly at the front door. Her dad wraps an arm around her and pushes her toward the door.
---------------------------

"So there I was standing in line at this little soup kitchen in Havana trying to lay low when this guy jumps me out of nowhere and throws a bag over my head. Then I woke up and the torture began." Everyone sits around Seun as he tells his story. Even Cameron is enthralled by how interesting Seun is making it sound, the only one not into it is Leilani.

"Yea uh huh. So why did you just pack your shit up and leave in the middle of the night with only a note. Matter of fact why did you NEED to leave anyway." Leilani has her arms crossed and is tapping her foot with an impatient eyebrow raised. Seun glares back at her and clears his throat.

"Well if you must know princess."   He looks toward Nalani and pulls her hands into his lap. "I needed to protect you. I caught one of our clients setting up a drug ring inside our gym and I was gonna go to the police but he said he'd kill me if I didn't go along with it. So I decided to leave so you wouldn't get hurt, sweetheart. I've only wanted what's best for you." He pulls her into a hug while the crowd around them Awww. Leilani rolls her eyes and walks into the kitchen pulling Hayden along with her.

"Hey! What's up? I was listening to the douchebag's story. Who is not as much of a douchebag as you said." Hayden leans against the counter watching Leilani pull a beer out of the fridge. She scoffs and twists it open, "Yea he's charming now but he's also a lying snake and this story is hissing real hard. So we have to figure out why and how?"

"Okay why do we have to figure it out. Cameron is the detective and her girlfriend if I'm not mistaken." Leilani smirks and steps up to the counter and puts her hands on both sides Hayden. She leans her body into Hayden's, "Because your poor dumb sister is freaking out because my poor dumb sister's terrible boyfriend is back and she doesn't want to make it seem like she's jealous. And she doesn't want to get in the way of Nalani's happiness." She rubs up and down Hayden's naked arms, seductively, goosebumps spread where she touches.