Friend-Friend

5am comes quickly for Cameron as she snoozes her alarm. She couldn't get to sleep last night because she was so giddy about her date with Nalani. She's never had a breakfast date before and she's worried. It's at a diner so she assumes it's casual. The question was, is it fake casual or real casual. Real casual she would show up in a pair joggers, a nice T shirt, and her sneakers. Fake casual would be a different thing entirely. She would wear a plaid button up with pressed jeans and sperrys and just say she wears this everyday.

But then she would start her relationship out on a lie and she didn't want that. She picks up her phone and calls her sister, forgetting it's five in the morning.

"Whaaaaaaaaaat?" Hayden answers groggily. Cameron chuckles at her. "I thought you said you wanted to go the gym today. 'To sweat off your hangover." She mocks.

Hayden rolls her eyes, "I meant at like eight not 5 in the freaking morning! And you know that. Why are you calling me?"

Cameron hums on the phone, thinking about a less embarrassing answer than the truth when Hayden interrupts. "Oh my god! You're nervous!"

"I am not! I just don't know...what I should wear exactly.....at this moment in time." Cameron looks up to the ceiling holding the phone away from her ear as her sister cackles loudly.

"Ha! I can't believe that the perfect Cameron is nervous about going on a date with a girl." She cackles again. "I thought you were the expert on everything gay from the way you were talking yesterday."

"Could you shut up and just help me pick an outfit!" There was a chuckle from her doorway and she turns. "What are you still doing here?!"

"I spent the night cause I was tired and kinda drunk. And besides you obviously need me." She stomps over to her closet and starts pulling things off the hangers.

"What are you doing? Stop throwing my shit around." She pulls a shirt out of her sister's hands. "You're making a mess!"

Hayden rolls her eyes, "I'm trying to help you. What were you having trouble picking between?" Cameron holds up the two shirts in her hands.

"Fake casual or real casual." Hayden sighs and grabs the shirts out of her hand and throws them on the floor. "Look here, you nerd,  just wear what you're comfortable in. But something that's actually attractive. I can't believe I have to tell you this. You're acting like a teenager." Cameron scoffs.

"Yeah, and you'll get the right to lecture me when you stop running away from every girl that even smiles at you." Hayden blushes and turns back to the closet. She mumbles into it.
"It's not my fault I'm new, once I get my shit together I'll be raking in the ladies."

Cameron scoffs and catches the shirt her sister throws at her. "Wear that with your skinny jeans and a leather jacket. Actual casual without looking like a bum."

Cameron rolls her eyes while pulling off her shirt. "I have to shower. Go home. And you better be gone before I get out."

"Fine. Fine. Go be lame with your "breakfast date" she says the last part with quotation marks.

----—-------—-------—-------------—-------
R&N Diner: Date Time

"Heyyyyy Reggie." Nalani says semi-casually as she slides into a stool at the counter.

"Nala, what are you doing here so early? You normally eat AFTER an early morning workout." Reggie wipes down the counter while looking at her fresh make-up skeptically. "And you certainly never look this nice."

"Shut up Reggie. I'm meeting a friend." She glances toward the door and then down to her phone.

Reggie smiles genuinely, " A friend or a friend-friend." He wiggles his eyebrows at her and she smirks at him. "I guess we'll have to wait and see."