Explanations Are Hard

"What do you mean you were helping peddle drugs through MY gym!" She's pacing in her bedroom, clenching her fists. Seun sits on the bed twiddling his thumbs, watching her pace. He sighs and takes off his shirt, wincing from his wounds. His grunting pulls Nalani away from her pacing.

She rolls her eyes, "Oh please you caused this mess." She looks over his wounds and presses into the bruises on his chest firmly. Seun grunts again,"Hey, what the hell!" He moves away from her touch. "I'm just checking your bruising, ya big baby. You've had worse coming out of the ring. Whoever did this was going easy on you. These are cosmetic at best." She sits down next to him.

"Now you were saying how you're a drug peddler?" Seun grimaces, "No it's not like that. I was telling the truth about the client who's a drug dealer. You remember Trasher?" Nalani nods her head, "The muscle head who wouldn't tell us his real name and always paid his dues in cash up front? The one who I said was way too sketchy to accept but you insisted we needed the money?" She quipped, sarcastically. This time Seun rolled his eyes. "I get it. You're perfect and right all the time. Yea right, scatterbrain."

She punches him in the arm."Don't call me that! That shit wasn't funny when we were together. Get back to it. " She seethes. "OW. Ok fine. So Trasher was at I'D Hit That late one night and I was cleaning up when I remembered I hadn't taken my shot for the day. So I just decided to do it in the locker room instead of the office. One thing led to another and he sees me and offers me better drugs and money opportunities. "

Nalani puts her hand on her forehead in disbelief. "And this is the part of the story where you tell me, you told him you get your steriods from a doctor, right?" Seun coughs and scratches his neck, not admitting anything. " Are you freaking kidding me?! You started peddling drugs because you didn't want to out yourself to a drug dealer?!" She smacks him in the back of the head.

"Hey! It's not that simple. I didn't want him to think that I would rat on him if he found out I was just trans and not a steroid junkie. He could have killed me."

"And oh that would have been terrible." She says sarcastically. "Why wouldn't you just tell the truth after the fact? It wouldn't be that hard to put the pieces together. You and Nyko have the same damn doctor! He's out to everyone!" Seun winces again and puts an arm on her, "Honey, you're really loud. You don't want to wake your parents do you?"

Nalani glares at him, "Oh and that would just be horrible for you, wouldn't it? Dad would find out his favorite son in law is a lying drug dealer." She goes to punch him again but he blocks her and holds her arm in his hand. "Yes, that and I'm not done yet."

"Whatever." She snatches her arm out of his grip. "Anyway I was going to go to the cops after the first couple months but then he introduces me to Rosita." Seun gets a dreamy look on his face and Nalani scoffs. "You left me for her, didn't you? Who was she? The drug lords sister? His wife? Someone you shouldn't have had sex with, probably." Seun nervously moves to the drawer pulling out one of her tank tops, putting it on.

"Uhhhhh nooooo. Turns out she was the drug lord." "OH, MY GOD! You ASS! You left me for a drug lord!" Nalani screams throwing a set of punches at him. He dodges them before wrapping both his arms around her, forcing her arms down to her side.

"Nala, no, sweetheart you're oversimplifying this." When she calms down and sits back down on the bed. He gets down on his knees in front of her and takes both her hands. "I fell in love. I didn't mean for this to happen it just did. I'm so sorry for how it happened but you can't possibly tell me that we weren't growing farther apart. We were almost done. You know we only stayed together for so long because of the gym. Can you even tell me that still loved me before I left?"

Nalani looks askance avoiding his gaze. She sniffs, "I guess you're right. " Seun rubs her hands, soothingly.

"Wait but then what happened? Why did my dad find you like this? I assume she did that to you, right?" Seun gets up suddenly and moves away from Nalani. She squints suspiciously, "What did you do?"

Seun coughs and murmurs incoherently. "What?" He speaks again only slightly louder. "What are you saying?"

Seun sighs, "I cheated on her......with her sister."

This time Nalani punched him as hard as she could square in the face. The punch is so hard, Seun knocks out and hits the floor. Nalani leans down to his unconscious face. "Oh, and when you wake up, get the fuck out of my house."

She calmly walks over him and heads toward her bed. She pulls back the blanket wishing she could wipe the events from this day.

Authors note: That's that let me know what you think. Also question if you could say one thing to your ex what would it be?