Book 2: The A-Team

Yooooooooo. It's been awhile life's been crazy as hell. I went through a break up and now I'm trying to get my life together. Anyway hope you enjoy Book 2.

"Five, Four. Come on. Push through. You can do this. Three more." Nalani stands in front her favorite client, Abby, a 70-year-old woman that always made her smile.

Nalani stands in awe of this woman who came into her gym just a week after one of the scariest moments in her life happened.

FLASHBACK

"Why are you here?" Nyko leans at her desk, arms crossed, and eyebrow raised. Nalani doesn't look up from her budget reports. "Nyko, we've been through this. I just want to get everything back to normal and what's more normal than doing budget cuts."

Nyko scoffs, "It's only been a week! You need to take some time off and process what happened." Nalani rolls her eyes. "You sound like my sister, believe me, I have processed enough with her."

"Then why are you here!" He slams his fists on the table and finally gets her attention. She huffs indignantly but then sees the worried look on his face and sighs. "I don't know how to deal with this! My ex-boyfriend tried to kill me and runs a gang. The old gang leaders are missing and probably want to kill me too. "

She sighs and puts her head in her hands. "I just.. I love my gym I've always wanted this and... I don't want anything to happen to it and I want my life to be normal again."

Nyko goes around to the other side of the table and gently pats her shoulder before Nalani turns and crushes him in a hug. Her face sobbing into his belly. In a rare moment for Nyko he accepts the embrace and pats her head.

They stay like this for a moment before they hear a throat clear. Nalani looks up to see a beautiful elderly black woman standing sheepishly at the door. "Excuse me. I did knock. Quite a few times actually. The young lady at the desk just told me to go on in but I didn't want to be rude."

Nalani glares and thinks Leilani is supposed to be manning the front desk. I'm going to kill her.

"But from the look on your face, I don't think I should have listened to her at all and that she's in for a world of hurt. I wouldn't want to be her right now with the way you are mean mugging the door behind me." The woman says with a raised eyebrow.

Nalani blinks, mouth agape. Nyko just laughs and pats her on the shoulder. "Please come in I was just leaving." He quietly shuts the door behind him still chuckling to himself.

Nalani shakes her head to get herself together. "So what brings you today Mrs...?" She says and holds out her hand to shake. The woman grabs and shakes. "Abigail. Friends call me Abby. And I'm not a Mrs anymore my husband died."

"Oh I'm so sorry ." Nalani says sympathetically. "Don't be, he was a sick old man who lived a moderate life in a terrible marriage. I'm going to miss my best friend more than i'll miss my terrible husband."

Nalani's eyes widen, shocked but Abby continues, "Actually speaking of, that's why I'm here."

"Your terrible marriage?"

Abby laughs, "No. I read on the internet that you're queer." Abby looks at her expectantly while Nalani bristles.

Why would Leilani send an old lady homophobe up to my office. She thinks to herself.

Nalani's face remains impassive as she nods her head. Abby lets out sigh of relief.

"Thank god this is the right place then. You know how hard it is to find a decent gym run by a queer woman? I tried to find one while Seymour was still alive but he was always too much of a sensitive ballsack to do anything fun."