Rematch pt. 1

A few days later Nalani walks into her apartment to find Leilani and Anaïs sitting on her couch, laughing hysterically.

Anaïs looks up to see Nalani and grins widely, "What's up buttercup!" Leilani giggles as Nalani rolls her eyes and grins back at her.

"Wondering why I was the only one sober enough to get Chinese food and more drinks." Anaïs shrugs while grabbing the case of beers from Nalani's hands. Leilani grabs the food and laughs,"It's because you're lame and responsible on a Friday. Also cheap because I suggested delivery."

Nalani scoffs at her sister,"We need more alcohol, you booze hound and they weren't going to deliver that." She pushes her sister away from her lo mein and opens up her chopsticks while sitting down. Anaïs and Leilani tear into their own food beside her. Anaïs speaks up after a minute with her mouth full, "To be fair I also suggested booze delivery but from the sexy sisters."

Both the sisters turn to glare at her. "How dare you!" "We should be the only sexy sisters in your life" they say simultaneously. Anaïs laughs, "My bad the sexy sisters I haven't slept with and or have been best friends with for years."

Leilani sarcastically thanks her before turning back to her food while Nalani speaks up. "I actually forgot you two boned. Why didn't you work out again?"

Anaïs chuckles, "Don't get me wrong your sister's great, she's a bit too aggressive for my tastes. We aren't compatible at all. We're both doms, we can't both like to do the spanking. Someone has to get spanked." Anaïs and Leilani laugh and high five as Nalani grimaces. "Forget I asked."

"Speaking of spanked, have you spanked your girl yet?" Nalani's eyes widened, "No we haven't even had regular sex yet. Hell, we havent even had a conversation about kinks. I dont even know if she wants to have sex with me!" She gets up and starts pacing the room.

"I mean I've made it pretty obvious right? But I've basically been teasing her. What if I turned her off? It's been weeks. I slept with Seun on the first night then we moved in together 3 months later. What if I'm waiting too late? What if she hates me now? What if she only wants to do the spanking? I like spanking too! I mean I know it seems like I'm a huge sub but I like to switch it up." As Nalani continues her incoherent rambling and freak out, Anaïs and Leilani look at each other knowingly. Leilani rolls her eyes and Anaïs chuckles as she walks up to Nalani stopping her pacing.

Anaïs grabs her by the shoulders and turns her toward her. Leilani immediately gets up puts her hands on both sides of her face and stares into her eyes. "Listen baby sister. Listen to the sound of my voice. Breathe in. Breathe out." Leilani breathes deeply as Nalani copies her.

"Your relationship with Seun was terrible and it's good that your relationship with Cameron is not following the same steps. Okay? Keep breathing." Anais nods her head beside Leilani. "Also what were ya'll? Lesbians? Cause that is some lesbian stereotype uhaul crap."

They all laugh, breaking the tension in the air. Nalani grabs them both and brings them together in a group hug. Anais pushes herself out of the hug chuckling and moves back to the couch grabbing her Chinese food on the way. "Anyway, I was talking about you knocking her out in the ring again? When is the rematch?"

"Hmmm." Nalani chuckles as she takes out her phone.

______________________________________________________________________

"Oh hey EX-partner, you got a new message." Carlos spins around in his desk chair while looking at Cameron's phone. She looks up from their paperwork and sighs. "We are not ex partners yet. They're still going over the everything I should know soon enough. " He sticks his tongue out her and she returns it.

"Maybe my next partner won't be so childish and actually help with the paperwork." 

Carlos scoffs and continues spinning, "Oh please your next partner is gonna be some senor citizen white straight guy and he's gonna make you do all the paperwork, not because he's childish but because it's 'womans work'. " He says the last part in quotations. "And you'll hate him and you'll miss me more every damn day."

Cameron looks up at him then, seeing the frown on his face. Her expression softens, "I will actually miss you, Lo Lo. Straight white man or not." He pouts at her. "Hey what'd I tell you, only my niece gets to call me that."

"Well me and Talia agreed that I'm allowed to call you it too cause we're all gonna be bffs forever and always." She raises her wrist and smirks at him showing off the bracelet Talia had given to her at her 7th birthday party.

"Yea yea. I would have never invited you if I had known you and her were gonna bond." There's a buzz from the phone in Carlos's hands as Cameron's about to rebuttal.

Carlos laughs loudly, "Someone named the tease says they're ready to kick your ass again." Cameron's eyes widen. "Wait what? What did the first message say?"

Carlos starts spinning his chair again chuckling and keeping her phone out of reach. "Remember when we were talking about women's work? Well I'm not your secretary, woman." Cameron stands abruptly and snatches her phone from him.

"You're so right Lo Lo I'll just answer my own messages while you finish up the paperwork. Like a man." With that she stalks off toward the stairwell.

She sees the messages from Nalani. So when are we gonna have that rematch. I'm so ready to kick your ass again ;)

She chuckles at her boldness and sits down in the stairwell trying to think of a reply. I'd hardly call one suckerpunch kicking my ass. But as for a time? How about Saturday? I'm ready to go down if you are.

She groans and face palms. "I did not just say that." She hastily tries to type a reply when her phone starts ringing. The Tease flashes on her screen. She reluctantly answers knowing her embarrassment is forthcoming.

"I-I meant go down in the fight. Not-- I mean not that I wouldn't." She hears chuckling on the line. "No not me going down as in me losing but as in jiu jitsu because it's an mma gym. And theres grappling and submission and the ground and pound? You know?" Nalani is outright laughing on the phone now.  Cameron's face has turned an embarrassing tomato color and she's especially thankful she walked away from her partner for this conversation.

The laughing has settled on the other end of the line after several agonizing seconds for Cameron. "Yes Cam I am familiar with the lingo and I did understand what you meant." She says still chuckling. "You didn't have to explain any further to me after your text, although it was hilarious."

"Yea yea. So then why did you call?"

There's silence on the other end. Cameron looks at her phone to see she hasn't disconnected."Nalani?" Nalani clears her throat and mumbles something into the phone.

"What? I think you're breaking up. What did you say?" Nalani sighs deeply, "I wanted to hear your voice okay?"

Cameron eyes widen shocked, "oh"

"Yea. We haven't talked in person for like a week and you said you keep your phone away from you when you do paperwork so you won't get distracted and when you texted me back I assumed you were done or alone. And I just wanted to hear your voice..... I kind of like it." She rambles a little but Cameron smiles from ear to ear into the empty stairwell.

"Yea I like yours too." She hears Nalani lightly chuckle. "You know what I'll like more than your voice though?" Cameron whispers.

"What?" Cameron can picture Nalani leaning into the phone as she whispers back. "Kicking your ass in that rematch."

There's a short pause before Nalani cackles. Cameron grins proudly as she gets a texts from Carlos begging her to come back and help.

"Alright I do actually have to get back to work. Carlos is being a huge baby. I'll talk to you later, babe. Bye." She hangs up the phone before either of them has a chance to acknowledge what she has said. On her way back to her desk she freezes mid step. "Babe?"

Hey guys it's almost here the big rematch. Who will win? Who will wind up on top. Pun intended. Let me know what you guys think. I crave your comments. See ya next time.