Make me

A loud thud could be heard around the gym and a high pitched shriek followed. All eyes turn to the middle of the worn out mats that the station used for sparring. There, Carlos flails in Cameron's vice-like grip on his forearm and shoulder.

"Shit! Zucchini! Zucchini!" Cameron abruptly lets him go and smirks at him on the ground. Carlos glares back up at her, rubbing his shoulder and pouting.

"I told you I didn't want to make you cry, I don't know why you insisted we spar."

She holds out a hand for him and he reluctantly takes it. "With the way you were beating our ONLY punching bag, I didn't want the guys to actually have a reason for hating you. I saved it, and you." Cameron rolls her eyes while grabbing him and turning him around.

"What a noble hero." She says sarcastically as she rubs his aching shoulder. He moans and sinks into her touch. Cameron sighs, "I'm sorry. I'm just....on edge."

"Is it lesbian bed death?" Cameron stops rubbing him abruptly and pushes him away with a glare. "No? Did she not want to uhaul with you? Cause if she doesn't I know a couple girls here who are more than willing." He points across the room at a Latina who was staring but quickly looks away when she's caught.

"Starting with Brandy over there. You know she laughed when you flipped me?" He whispers conspiratorially, "And she was staring at your ass the entire time you were committing assault on that punching bag."

Cameron blushes, trying not to look at the woman who is once again staring at her as she lifts weights. She coughs and picks up her water bottle gulping as quickly as possible. She gulps too fast and chokes. Carlos gives her a useless pat on the back as she doubles over.

"Please." She says in between coughs, "Lets just go. I'm begging you."

Carlos snickers and gathers his gym bag and heads toward the door with Cameron in tow, still coughing.

———————
They're at Carlos' desk, his feet propped up and chair leaned back. Cameron's arm is propping up her head as she stares forlornly out the window.

Carlos nudges his foot on Cameron's arm to get her attention.  "So as I was saying. Is it lesbian bed death?" Cameron glares and pushes his feet off the desk. "No. And how do you even know that phrase. Have you been googling again?"

"May-be." He says, propping his feet back up. She glares at him until he scoffs, "Maybe if you'd tell me what your problem is I wouldn't have to guess. Problems with the girlfriend right? Did she kick your ass again and now your sulking? Last time you got sex out of it?"

Cameron crosses her arms and pouts, "That's not it. She's a liar and probably a cheater."

Carlos drops his feet down suddenly, his eyes wide. He clenches his teeth, "What?"

Cameron shrugs and sniffs looking away to hide the tears that are threatening to spill. She clears her throat, "I caught her helping her ex boyfriend. You know the douchebag criminal? And I confronted her. She didn't even try to deny it. I don't even know how long she's been helping him or if she's 'been' with him too. I just feel like she's been playing me this whole time."

Carlos sighs, "Have you actually talked to her about it."

Cameron shakes her head, "I've been avoiding her calls. I just don't want it to be true. That she's been stringing me along this whole time." She wraps her arms around herself and a tear starts to fall.

Carlos is beside her in an instant and pulls her into a tight hug. He shushes her soothingly, not caring about the stares they are getting.

Cameron hugs back for a solid minute and then pushes him away, gently. She chokes out a laugh and wipes her eyes. "Look at you going soft and hugging people. That's not on brand for you."