Die Hard

"It's the..... eye of the tiger. It's the thrill of the fight." Rosa sings aloud to the speakers in ID HIT THAT as she lifts weights. She's oblivious to the other patrons. Although there are not many, they are clearly annoyed by her obnoxious singing.

"You know when I said I'd train you I was thinking a private session and not you coming in unannounced. Annoying my members at ten am and distracting me from my favorite client."

Abigail grunts but beams up at her from the machine she's on, "Oh don't mind her she's just being annoying because she doesn't want to admit she's having trouble." Nalani lifts an eyebrow as she gazes at Rosa. She has her prosthetic arm in her bag and she's struggling to lift the two armed machine with her one arm. Nalani sees the weight she has it set for is 150 pounds, probably what she could bench before she lost her arm.

Nalani sighs and locks eyes with Abigail. She nods, understandingly and gets up to go run on the treadmill. Nalani moves her stuff and stands in front of Rosa's machine. She has her eyes closed but she's still humming the song while exerting all of her energy. She opens them when she feels the weight being lifted up and the bar is slipping out of her hand.

"I had it." She says unconvincingly.

Nalani chuckles, "Yea I know you did." She moves over to the weight change on the machine. "And in another hour you would have had one more."

She pops the weight stick out and looks back at her, quizzically. "What's half of one fifty?" Rosa looks at her like she's dumb. Nalani shrugs taking out her phone. "What? I wasn't a math major." She gets the answer and moves the stick up to seventy five pounds. She returns to the front and nods her head toward the bar, encouragingly. Rosa takes the bar but mumbles to herself about being able to handle it.

Nalani shakes her head and grins. She counts her reps as Rosa tries to push herself to fifteen in a row. When she just barely gets there and is breathing heavily at the end, Nalani hands her a water and times her 60 second break.

"Next set you're gonna do ten." "What? No. I can do fifteen. It's just...." She rubs her leg nervously, "been awhile. Ill get back to where I was." Nalani gives her a blank look.

"Is this your first time back in the gym since the arm?" Rosa nods her head. "And you didn't talk with a physical trainer or join a group or anything?" Rosa rolls her eyes not saying anything. Nalani continues on, "So this is your first time working out in an unfamiliar environment with an unfamiliar trainer and you don't even know how you're going to limit and test your changed body?"

Rosa just shrugs.

"Ok. Well, how about you shut the hell up and let me do my job and give me ten reps." Nalani crosses her arms and waits.

Rosa actually looks taken aback before grinning and grabbing the bar with her arm, "Sir, yes sir."

Throughout the hour Nalani tests what Rosa is capable of. Showing Rosa herself how she should limit herself and what she should stay away from.

When they're finished she and Rosa are stretching together on a mat sitting in relative silence. "I'm not gonna join a group." Rosa blurts out as Nalani tells her to switch legs. Nalani shrugs her shoulders, "No one is going to make you. I just thought it would help." Rosa hums, plainly.

"There's a group here you know?" Rosa's eyes widen and Nalani continues. "Not like a full on therapy group. Just a bunch of guys, some veterans, some old pros, some random people off the street who just wanted something to help...." Nalani searches for the words as Rosa gazes at the wall in front of her.

"Cope." She finishes and stands, offering a hand to Rosa. "They get together. They workout, they talk, and it helps." She pats her shoulder, "You don't have to go through it alone, even if you are a wanted criminal."