Sodapop Curtis (requested)

Requested by: markosmate

  "Hey, Jordan." Steve Randle greeted once I entered the door to the DX station. I went to school with him, Sodapop Curtis, Ponyboy Curtis, Johnny Cade, and Two Bit Mathews. And I've always had a crush on Sodapop, but what girl didn't?
"Hi, Steve, Hi, Sodapop." I smiled, going back to the drinks cooler to get a Pepsi.
"Hi." I heard Sodapop say.
I got my Pepsi then went to the aisle that contained gum.
"Just tell her, Soda." Steve said.
"No, I can't do that. She probably thinks I'm a stupid flirt or somethin'." I heard Soda sigh.
I stayed in the gum aisle I little longer. They never said the girls name. My heart sank as I realized it could have been that girl Sandy or someone else. I walked to the counter and placed my items down.
Steve winked at Soda and slapped him on the shoulder and left to walk to the garage. What did that mean?
"Your total is $2.00." Soda stated blandly after ringing up my items. I handed him the money and grabbed my items. I began to leave the store sadly after realizing he didn't like me, or else he would have said something.
"Hey, Jordan!" I heard him yell.
I turned around. "Yeah?"
"I um... Well... Can I take you to the Nightly Double tonight?" He shyly smiled.
A big smile grew across my face. "Sure! I'd love that, Sodapop!"
"Alright then! I'll see you tonight." He grinned.
I nodded and ran out, going to get ready for my date tonight.
I couldn't have been any happier than I was at that moment!