Part 29

☾ Author's Note: Read the AN at the end it's semi- informal! 

☾ Vote? ☽

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You did what," Brad says to Lenny.

Lenny had her arms crossed over her chest and both of them were glaring at each other. "I let him in, so what," She says as we all watch them argue.

"Are you fucking stupid?!"

"Brad!" I yell but he ignores me.

"What?!" He says throwing his arms in the air. "She let Michael out of all people in this house. She might as well invited the whole damn crew!"

"I think you're overreacting," I deadpan.

"I'm overreacting," He says, "(Y/n), this is the same guy whose had people beat your boyfriend Luke, nearly to death and he's in the hospital still. He's not conscience. Don't you understand that?" I shuffle, looking down at the floor. "He pushed Luke down the stairs and tried to kill him in case you forgot,"

"He didn't do it,"

"Oh, so now you believe him?" He asks, walking in front of me.

"I don't I just-"

"You just what,"

"It wasn't him Brad. He said something that made sense, that's all,"

"What could he have possibly said to make you take his side,"

"Well there's cops in the front, it wouldn't make any sense to do something and he risked coming into our home to hook up some phones. He knows I don't feel safe here,"

"He what,"

"He hooked up the phones?" I repeat and he furrows his brows.

"Wait, how did he know about the phones?"

"Mrs. Harris is his grandmother," I say and he lets out a heavy sigh before running his hand through his dark curls.

"Okay, that's how he got into the community. He has the code."

"Brad, all because he has the code doesn't mean a thing,"

"Fine. Let me try to see this situation how you see it,"

"Thank you,"

"I was being sarcastic,"

You sigh, "Brad, please,"

"Okay." He runs his hands over his face before looking to me, "If it wasn't him- which it is," I roll my eyes, "Then he could've easily given the code to anyone who asked for it,"

"Calum," Lenny says and Brad nods in agreement.

"But Michael didn't seem to recognize our house though," I say, placing my hand to my chin to concentrate.

"Yeah, but he didn't have to if someone already knew," You nod in agreement and pull out your phone to see if there were any new messages, hoping to see Luke's name across the screen. You sigh, locking your phone back. "I'll be in the back if you need me," He says, leaving the area.

"What's wrong with him?" Lenny asks but I just shrug it off.

"I don't know,"

You walk out to the back, seeing him sitting alone on the bench in the middle of the night. The faint sound of crickets could be heard and buzzing from the other bugs. You take a seat next to him and look at him.

"What,"

"What's gotten into you?"

"N-"

"And don't say it's nothing,"