Chapter 1

"Please, Dad? The boys can come with. Please?" I say looking at my dad with my big sea-colored eyes. I pout my lips and turn on my puppy dog eyes. The puppy dog eyes always work.

"Please let me go to land to finish my schooling." My eyes bore into his, watching as his resolve crumbles. Imagine a king, who spends most of his time with a stone-cold front, basically melt before you. Not to mention he's taller than a mountain and built like the hulk.

"Every day you look more and more like your mother," He reached out placing his hand on my face, stroking my cheeks. I lean into his palm placing my hand onto the back of his. My eyes looked across his face. He blinked causing tears to trail down his cheek.

"Oh, Dad," I say, running my thumb across his cheek effectively wiping away his tears. Climbing on his lap, I hugged him with everything I had. He wrapped his arms around my torso holding onto me, as much as I was holding onto him. He took a breath in and I pulled back looking into his eyes.

"You remember how you always wanted to know how your mother and I met?" I nodded.

"Well, I figured now would be a great of time as any. Okay a long time ago my father made me go up top to Beaumont high school. I remember that day as clear as the ocean we live in. She was walking down the hall with a copy of Eat, Pray, Love in her arms. When her eyes met mine, I just knew. I knew she was the one. So, yes, you can go to school on land." My eyes widened in shock.

    "Really?" I ask, hopeful.

  "Really. But only if your brothers go with." He replies smiling down at me.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed before climbing off his lap leaving to get the boys.

"Wait honey I need to talk to them." He said with a smile on his face.

"BOYS!" His voice boomed throughout the throne room his smile dropping.

My 7 brothers quickly swam into the room. The first two to that came in was Edward and Jacob, they're the eldest both the age of 18; twins. Although Edward is older by 3 minutes and those three minutes come with a pretty golden tail. This signifies the next merperson to inherit the crown of the 7 seas. The rest of us all inherited royal blue tails which show a direct bloodline to the throne.

Next come the triplets, Ryan, Taylor, and James. They're all 17 Ryan being the oldest. He is a redhead and the sibling who always somehow gets on this girls nerves.

Then came Taylor, who has brown hair and the most gorgeous pair of green eyes you've ever seen. Finally, comes James. Who also has red hair and the same green eyes.

And finally, my triplets, Jason and Percy. We are 16 Jason being born first, and me being born last. Jason has blonde hair and grey eyes that resemble the clouds on a stormy night.

Percy, my favorite sibling—don't tell the rest of them I said that— has curly black hair with eyes that change with the sea. Then came me. I have deep, rich, wavy brown hair that blended into a blonde the color of sand. Now unlike the rest of my family, I'm short. Standing at only 5'6, I'm about a foot shorter than the rest of my family.

Being 5'6 is like a mutation is mermaid culture. Most if not all mermaids/mermen are at least 5'9. The shortest person, besides my mom, that I met was 5'8.

  "What is it, Father?" Edward is always too formal for his own good.

"Well, your sister wants to go to school on land, and hopefully meet her mate. So, I told her she could on one condition—you all have to go with her. This would be a good opportunity for you Edward. You need to start integrating and accustoming yourself with the family business. I'm not going to be around forever." Dad crossed his arms over his chest looking sternly at my brothers. The boys glance over at me, and I pull my best puppy dog face and clasp my hands together, begging.

   "Fine! Just put the darn puppy dog eyes away. It's a killer." Percy exasperates shielding his eyes.

"Now boys, I do have to warn you. We do have an alliance with the werewolves-"

Protests were heard throughout the boys when dad held his hand up immediately silencing them.

"Boys, You must be careful to not get bit. One bite from them. And it will 𝑘𝑖𝑙𝑙 you. This is why you must protect each other. I already talked to the Alpha of the clearwater pack to let him know that he has some supernatural friends enrolling at his school. I also told him that if any of you were to be harmed, there would be hell to pay." The boys looked at each other having a silent conversation before nodding.

Only after a pledge into an Alpha/Luna position do they find out about mermaids. A female mermaid's blood has the power to slow down an illness. The queen's or Princess' blood will completely cure or heal them. This is why the pledge was put into place so long ago. That is why my mother died. Four years ago an Alpha took my mom from us to cure his cancer. To do this, he had to drain all her blood until she was long dead. If she was a born queen, this wouldn't have happened. This is why I am even more precious, my blood is like the fountain of youth. Along with my bloods seemingly magical healing abilities, I have total control over the water element. I can manipulate and change it as I please.

"Boys take good care of your sister remember her powers."

"Also remember, 1 drop of salt water and you have a tail in 30 seconds. You have to be completely dry before you can get your legs back." He says looking into each of our eyes.  

   "All of you have a fully stocked wardrobe ready for you when you get to the house. Also, before I forget, Edward and Jacob have your own cars while the rest of you have to share." He informs. Groans sounding from the younger siblings.

    "Where are we going?" I ask swishing my tail back and forth. I am the first princess born in 12 centuries. I can do this.

"Florida,"

Edited: 2/12/21