Chapter 2

This is Cordelia.

I stand in front of my brothers, looking at our new house. It is a 3 story, well, castle really.

"DIBS ON THE BIGGEST ROOM!"I yell, but before I could run, Percy grabbed onto my arm effectively halting my steps.

"Whoa there, dad already assigned rooms, and had them decorated. Our names are on the doors." I squealed even more excited to see my new room.

"Okay! Bye! I'm going to find my room." Running up the stairs I reach into my pocket for the key, shoving it into the lock and pushed the door open. Whoa. I stepped through the door my mouth falling open. I may have grown up in a palace, but this, this was something entirely different than the stone halls I grew up in.

When you first walk in, there is a massive crystal chandelier hanging from lofty ceilings that reflect millions of fragmented incandescent light. My eyes stared in wonder of the place I would call home for the next 2 years. That's when I noticed the people. They many people. If I had to guesstimate, I would say at least 50 people.

Shrieking, I ran behind Edward who jumped at my sudden touch.

"Who are you guys?" My voice was airy and my mouth was dry as I peaked my head around Edward.

"Well, Albert is the butler. I am the head maid Macy, Linda and Lucy here are my right and left hands. Kendra is the cook, with her sous chef Julie, as well as, Mason, Brody, and Katie working under them. Robert here is the head of security, and the men and women behind him is the rest of security." Macy the head maid points to each individual. She looks about 40. The only people under 30 are Mason, Julie, Katie, and almost all of the guards.

"I'm guessing my dad hired you?" Macy quickly nodded. I smiled jumping out from behind Edward.

"Okay, First things first, just to put things straight, I am weird. I am insanely weird and if you can't cope with an annoying girl interrupting your work, then, I don't know, leave? Sorry if I come off rude, I don't mean to be. I just want to let you know. Me, myself and I, are a lot," bouncing on the soles of my feet, I watch with anxiety, just waiting for someone to get up and leave. But no one does. Not a single person.

"Don't forget clumsy." Ryan says with a smirk plastered to his face.

"Oh, it is so on ginger." I sent his a playful glare and sinister smile sliding onto my face.

"Percy hold my earrings." I dropped my silver hoops into his awaiting hands before tying my hair into a pony tail. Once I tie it around the third time, I take off after the quickly escaping Ryan. I am so glad that I am wearing flats right now. Because if I wasn't, I wouldn't be able to throw one of my flats at Ryan's head.

"OW, Della! Was that your shoe?" he shrieks, running faster around the house. It doesn't matter because i may be shorter, but I can run faster. My brother Percy snickered but was quickly cut off by a an elbow to the ribs. His laughter only egged me on as I pushed my legs to go faster. My one foot covered by a flat was slowing me down so I pulled it off and threw it at his head.

"Was that another shoe?" He yelled, rubbing the back of his head. I smirked before pushing myself off the floor and onto his back. The force from my jump sends both of us tumbling towards the floor. One minute my head is about to hit the floor and the next, Ryan turns around and takes the brunt of the the impact. This made me sigh in relief. I did not want to break anything today. Ironically, my magical blood doesn't help me or myself with any injuries. In fact, my fun magical blood hurts me more than it helps me. It makes my bones brittle, and my body easy to bruise. In simplistic words, It sucks.

When we hit the floor, I look down at him with wide eyes. We stay still, swallowing, before looking to our immediate right.

Feeling arms around mine, I look over my shoulder to see Percy and Jason. Jason hoists me up and around until I sat comfortably on his back. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I wave to the staff of the house.

"Hey, do you want to go find your room?" Jason turns to face me looking for an answer. I nodded a smile growing on my face. Percy came from behind me and followed Jason and I. You see, my mother, she was a huge fan of the Percy Jackson novels which is why she wanted at least name one of her kids after the series. Jason walked to the stairs before shrugging me off his back. Taking the steps two at a time, I thought about where I was going before I halted my ascension.

"Does anyone know where a door with the name Cordelia on it is?" Lucy's hand immediately shot up.

"Lucy?"

"The double doors leading to the top floor have the name Cordelia on them." I smile brightly, clapping my hands excitedly.

"Can you show me please?" Bouncing on my heels waiting for an answer.

"Yes, I can Miss Villarreal. Just follow me," Lucy starts up the stairs, making her way up as I follow her. She walks up the last flight of stairs to the top floor. Inviting me to step forward to two cream colored, double doors. Above the molding, sat a glass panel with my name etched into the clouded glass.

"Miss Villarreal. Welcome to your home." She smiles, handing me a key that resembles those from one of those movies about knights and a kingdom called Camelot. At the end of the key, a small tag is attached with a note reading, "welcome to your new home, I hope you enjoy the room. Love, dad." I smile, my eyes watering. I miss him already and it hasn't even been 24hrs.

I ripped off the tag, tucking it into my pocket. Sliding the key in the lock, I took a breath, and turned. Pushing the door open, I step into my room and gasp.

Edited 2/13/21