Chapter 21 - Troye's POV

Troye's POV.

I walk out of the bathroom to see Tyler sitting up and frowning down at his lap. I then look over to see my phone in a different position than I left it and the screen unlocked. I smirk to myself, but don't say anything about it. He looks up as I walk across the room and smiles at me, unsure. I smile back brightly.

"Hey do you want to see if Zalfie are doing anything? We haven't really spent time together as a group." I suggest, and he agrees. He heads into the bathroom to get ready and I text Zoe. I felt bad since this was supposed to be like a little vacation for all of us and Tyler and I kind of ruined it.

Not knowing what there was to do around here, we plan to just meet up and walk around for a bit. I use the full length mirror on the door to style my hair before grabbing a pair of skinny jeans and a red shirt from my suitcase and pulling them on. Just as I finish, Tyler comes out of the bathroom, fully dressed and his hair styled already.

I inform Tyler of the plans before checking the time on my phone, noting that we still have ten minutes before we need to meet up with Zoe and Alfie.

I open my tumblr app and scroll through my dashboard, frowning when I don't see anything interesting or funny. I sigh before searching my tag, liked a few edits and posts here and there. Before I know it, Tyler's tapping my arm and telling me it's time to go.

We head down to the lobby, meeting up with Zalfie before heading outside. We pick a direction and walk, chattering amongst ourselves. A few viewers come up to us and we take pictures and talk for a bit before moving along. Eventually, we find ourselves at a beach.

Seeing as it's cold out, there aren't any people there, but we decide to walk down a bit to the pier sticking out from the tiny boardwalk. We all sit and look out at the ocean, talking, and its actually very relaxing, to be honest. We literally sit for hours, telling stories about when we were children, and I can't remember when the last time I've laughed this hard was.

After a while, Zoe and Alfie head back up to the town for dinner, while Tyler and I decide to stay down here for a bit longer. We sit in silence for a bit before Tyler gets up and reaches a hand down for me. I smile up at him, grabbing his hand and allowing him to pull me up. He lets go and I feel slightly empty without the feeling of his hand in mine.

"Let's go for a walk." He suggests and I agree. We walk along the edge of the water and I can feel the bottoms of my shoes getting wet, but to be honest, I don't mind. We chat about meaningless things before Tyler finally blurts out the question I've been waiting for him to ask all day.

"Why did you kiss me back if you have a boyfriend?"

Or..well not exactly the question I was expecting, but on the same topic.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I look over at him, playing dumb and he frowns at me. "I don't have a boyfriend." His eyebrows furrow and he opens his mouth to speak before closing it again, and I inwardly laugh.

"But...who's Cam?" I laugh out loud this time and he glares at me, obviously upset.

"Omg, Tyler, Cam isn't my boyfriend. SHE is a good friend." I see his face flush in embarrassment as soon as the word 'she' leaves my mouth. But not only does his face get red, it also lights up and I can tell he's happy about it.

We continue the walk in silence and I slowly reach over and brush my fingers against his as we walk, an invitation for him to grab my hand. He seems to get the hint, and lightly links our hands together. I smile slightly, the empty feeling I had when he had first let go completely gone now.

Maybe there is a chance we can work this out.

-------------------
A/N

Vote

Comment

Feedback! What do you want to happen next?? (:

Tumblr: tilly-oakley

IG: tillyoakley

Twitter: GiveMeKeaton