Chapter 52 - Troye's POV

GOAL: 90 Votes, 60 Comments

Troye's POV

"I'm hungry." I whine at Tyler, willing him with my mind to get up and make me food. He rolls his eyes, heaving himself off the couch and reaching a hand down to pull me up. I smile, walking with him to the kitchen and sitting on a chair. I watch as he makes two sandwiches, one for himself and one for me.

"MOM, DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE YOU SOMETHING?" He yells loudly to his mom who is in her room down the hall.

"NO THANK YOU." I roll my eyes at the two of them. I mean, just scream across the entire house to each other instead of walking a few steps and asking like normal people, why don't you. I get up, walking over to the fridge and grabbing an apple and then walking over to the knives and grabbing one. I look around for a cutting board, frowning when I don't see one. Tyler suddenly turns to me and his eyes widen. He reaches into one of the cabinets and grabs a cutting board and places it on the counter. I go to put the apple on it and cut it, but Tyler stops me, reaching out to grab the knife from my hand.

"I'll do it." He grabs the knife and I look at him confused. I almost don't catch the way his eyes linger on my covered wrist for a second. Almost being the key word. I feel rage rise up in me.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Tyler." He looks at me, shocked and confused. "I can cut a damn apple without having the urge to cut." He looks down guiltily and I shake my head, laughing humorlessly. "Do you not trust me? I've noticed how there aren't any razors or anything remotely sharp in this entire house except for those knives. Like are you fucking serious Tyler? I'm not some freak that can't even use a knife. I can't even believe you. You can't even let me cut my own damn apple."

"Troye..." He places the knife down on the counter behind him instead of next to him because that's obviously too close to me. I cut him off before he speaks, not liking the way he's looking at me like I'm having a break down. Maybe I am, but he doesn't need to look at me like that dammit.

"NO. YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE THINGS LIKE THAT. I'M NOT SOME OBJECT YOU CAN CONTROL."

"Troye, I'm not trying to control you!" I shake my head, tears forming in my eyes.

"It sure feels like it. YOU WON'T EVEN LET ME CUT THE DAMN APPLE." Tyler's eyes plead with me to calm down but I ignore him.

"Is that what this is about? Here, cut the apple, it's not that big of a deal." I glare at him openly and his eyes widen a bit more.

"I. DON'T. CARE. ABOUT. THE. APPLE." Tyler looks at me cautiously, reaching for me and I back up. "YOU AREN'T MY RULER OR ANYTHING. IM 18, AN ADULT, AND I DON'T NEED YOU TO KEEP ME AWAY FROM SHARP THINGS. I WAS DOING PERFECTLY FINE ON MY OWN." He suddenly looks up at me, something flashing in his eyes.

"YOU WERE NOT DOING PERFECTLY FINE ON YOUR OWN. FOR FUCKS SAKE, TROYE, YOU ALMOST KILLED YOURSELF AND PROBABLY WOUD HAVE IF I WASN'T THERE TO GET YOU TO THE HOSPITAL. DON'T YOU DARE SAY YOU DON'T NEED MY HELP." Tyler yells back at me and instead of getting upset like some people would, I just feel myself getting more pissed off.

"WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST LET ME KILL MYSELF THEN, TYLER. IT'S NOT YOUR JOB TO LOOK AFTER ME, AND WHAT WERE YOU PLANNING ON DOING WHEN I GO BACK TO AUSTRALIA AND YOU LIVE IN LA? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN HELP MUCH WITH A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP."

"IT KIND OF IS MY JOB, NOBODY ELSE SEEMS TO CARE. AND I WASN'T PLANNING ON US HAVING A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP!" Tyler grits his teeth slightly and I feel my anger dissipate a bit and turn into hurt as I let the words sink in.

"Then what the hell was this for?!" I slip off my promise ring, throwing it on the ground by Tyler's feet angrily before spinning on my heel and rushing out the door. I hear Tyler calling my name, but I just run faster, leaving his house and turning down unfamiliar roads. Eventually, I find myself completely lost and surrounded by snow-covered trees. I groan, sinking to the ground against a tree, shivering slightly as I cry into my hands.

Of course, I'm the idiot that runs out into a place they've never been before in the middle of winter when it's snowing with no jacket. Way to go, Troye. I sniffle and wrap my arms around myself, already starting to feel the coldness seep into my skin through the flimsy shirt I'm wearing and my trousers. Even though I'm starting to freeze, I can't bring myself to let go of my hurt and get up to try and find my way back. Instead, I decide to sit right here under this stupid tree and wait to see if Tyler will actually come looking for me. I scowl slightly at the thought. Right now, I don't even know if I want him to come find me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I know, I know, it just went from a really cute/happy chapter to this but c'mon? Weren't y'all expecting it? It can't be happy forever! But it won't last long (like usual). Tyler will explain himself to Troye in the next chapter.

GOAL: 90 Votes, 60 Comments

^Thanks for all the feedback on the last chapter and I am SO sorry I haven't been uploading. I really have no excuse (please don't hate me)

Dedication: Shaydee_Brook. Thanks for the feedback hun and also I used part of your idea about them fighting and Troye throwing the promise ring! I absolutely love the idea. :) x

Message me on tumblr if you'd like!

Tumblr: tilly-oakley

Twitter: OakleyTilly

IG: tillyoakley