Chapter 47

GOAL: 85 Votes, 50 Comments

Tyler's POV.

Arriving at the meetup, we see a lot more people than we expected and are forced to split up to form two separate lines. We both know a lot of people want pictures with both of us, but unless they want to stay here all night, there just wouldn't be enough time. I smile as the first girl comes up to me.

"Hey there! What's your name?" I smile brightly at the next girl, thoroughly enjoying spending time meeting fans.

"It's Alex. I love you so much." She wraps her arms around me and I hug her back immediately, smiling slightly.

"I love you too, Alex." She pulls away, smiling like a child on Christmas day. Before I have a chance to say anything else, she moves away, making room for the next person. The next girl gives me a bag with a present inside for both me and Troye, telling me not to open it until later. I laugh, placing it on a table not too far away and giving her a giant hug. I meet fan after fan, taking a variety of pictures from serious, funny, or just plain old smiling.

"You and Troye are so cute!" My eyes widen as I see the next girl's shirt. It's the picture of Troye and I kissing from the plane. She notices me looking at her shirt and laughs.

"You don't mind, right? The picture was all over tumblr literally the minute you guys came out as a couple." She smiles at me excitedly and I laugh with her.

"Of course not. I might need to get myself one of these!" I wiggle my eyebrows and she laughs as we take a funny picture. She hugs me tightly goodbye before moving away. Soon, the line basically is ruined and everybody is kind of standing in a crowd. My hand starts to ache a bit from all the signing and my jaw also starts to hurt from all the smiling, but I'm still genuinely having fun interacting. Some fans have been shy, others far from it. I suddenly notice I'm surrounded on all sides and tense up for a moment before relaxing. I'm alright with it; I doubt anybody will attack me or something like that. I look over the crowd to see how Troye's doing, smiling when I see him doing just as good as me. Less than a minute later, I hear a few girls screaming my name from Troye's crowd.

While girls have been screaming my name the entire time, these screams sound different. I look over, freezing as I see several girls looking like they're about to break down crying. I can make out one of the girls screaming about Troye, and I immediately shove the paper I had just signed back into a girls hands, rushing over to where Troye was.

Troye's POV.

I'm currently speaking with a nice girl who had excitedly told me her name was May and asked for me to sign a photo for her. We take a selfie on her phone and I laugh as she tells me an extremely cheesy joke. That's about as much time as I have talking to her before I need to move on.

The next girl doesn't smile at me but does wrap her arms around me. She leans in and I hug her back, my arms falling loosely around her shoulders as she whispers in my ear.

"The anon was right." She pulls away, fading away into the crowd before I even have time to process what she said. The anon was right? I frown, my mind immediately going back to the hate messages from that anon. My attention is diverted back to the meetup as a girl waves her hand in front of my face, laughing slightly. I smile apologetically before taking a picture with her. I continue with the meetup, scratching at my itching wrist the entire time. Fan after fan goes by and soon they all become a blur of faces. About an hour into the meetup, I notice there is no longer a line and I'm completely surrounded on all sides by people.

Standing on my tippy-toes, I look over to see Tyler in the same position as I am. I sigh, relaxing back onto my feet. A girl shoves a notebook and pen into my hand and I sign it and leave a message quickly. Without looking up, I reach upwards to hand it back as she gets pushed back into the crowd. I look up when several girls gasp loudly, my eyes widening as I see my scar littered wrist on full display as my sleeve had risen up my arm. I go to pull back quickly but a girl grabs my hand, keeping my arm there on display. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes and I yank my hand away, pulling down my sleeve, not looking any of the girls in the eyes.