Not Ready To Leave Him

"Akshay, baby, wake up" I said softly caressing his head. He mumbled something in his mouth and turned to the other side. I immediately tried to stop him but it was too late. His body's weight went on his right arm which was attached with a drip and he whimpered.

I immediately turned his body toward me and rubbed his arm gently. He was still a bit sleepy so it didn't hurt him much but my heart broke seeing him in this condition. I honestly wanted him to get better so soon.

Today Dk had also come with me to meet him. He suggested that he should check Akshay once. I immediately agreed. No compromises with Akshay's health.

"Hey Akshay, look there's someone who wants to meet you. Also, get up soon, otherwise I'm going to check on other patients. " I said slightly threatening him and his eyes immediately opened up.

"I'm up." He said rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands. I smiled. "Good boy." I said ruffling his hair. I looked towards the door and gestured Dk to come in.

Lalita said me to ignore him and said me to talk as less as possible. I figured that was the best option. Keeping the professional and personal life aside. I could always see him as another Dr. Yup. That's it.

He came inside and sat on the chair in front of Akshay.

"Hello Akshay. " He said very softly and a smile made its way to my face. But I immediately stopped it.

Akshay just stared at him and then at me. He swallowed thickly and his eyes gathered some water. I realized that he was panicking.

I kept my hand on his back and gently rubbed it. He shifted to my side and I held him. "Akshay, there's so no need to be scared. He's a doctor. He'll help you getting out of this hospital very soon. " I said trying to change his mood but he shook his head.

"I don't want to get out of this hospital." He said to me and I sighed. "I want to stay with you." He continued and my hand momentarily stopped rubbing his back.

The first time when I met him, he said that he didn't want to stay in his house. When I asked the reason he had said, his parents were never home and he didn't like to live alone. He was just an eleven year old, five months before.

Poor baby

"I'm here with you aren't I? And even when you get out of the hospital I'll talk to your parents about letting you meet me. "I said and he smiled.

"Really?" He asked with wide eyes and I nodded. "Now will you let the Doctor do your check up?" I asked and he frowned again.

"Now what? "I asked and he raised his pinky finger. It took me a moment to realize that he wanted to use the washroom. I chuckled lightly and he gave me a big smile and made his way to the washroom.

I sighed happily and looked up only to meet another pair of eyes. Dk was looking at me, smiling softly and seeing that, my own smile immediately faltered. I composed my self and stood up and started checking some reports .

It was a few seconds later that some footsteps came in my view.
I looked up to see Dk coming towards me. I immediately backed off slightly and resumed studying the reports but he didn't seem to get the message.

I took back a few more steps and took a few forward. I once again backed off but then I just couldn't because there was a wall behind me.

His footsteps kept coming closer to mine and within a millisecond he covered the distance closed and stood directly in front of me. Now only a gap of a few inches between us.

I frowned and tried to move away but his arm blocked the way. I was just about to say him to back when he just -

"I'm sorry" he whispered lightly and I looked up in his eyes just to witness the wetness in them.

"I'm sorry Radhe. I know, I know I'm not someone you can forgive easily but I'm sorry. I - I never want you to do what you just did " he said and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

" I don't want your smile to die when your eyes meet mine. I don't want to be reason of your pain Radhe. I know this is not the right time to say this but you don't talk to me." He said vulnerably and for a moment tears started pooling at then back of my eyes. Seeing him crying was my weakness and I did not know till how long I'll be able to survive it. "It was so much better when you fought and argued with me, but from a few days you've literally stopped talking to me." He said, as his voice cracked a bit. I couldn't look in his eyes knowing that he was crying and so I immediately averted my gaze to the ground.

"N-no, no Radhe. Look up at me."
He requested but I just couldn't.
"Radhe, atleast look at me, it's been years since I saw you this close. I've missed this face so much." He said and swallowed the lump in my throat. He hesitantly placed his hand on my cheek and made me look up at him. Surprisingly, I didn't even flinch. I was pretty sure that if someone would ever touch me without my permission then I wouldn't leave that person alive. But I reckon, that was the problem.

He wasn't someone.

I couldn't deny his touch. From centuries it had been only him who ever touched me and will always be. "Radhe" He stated with a cracked voice and I took a deep breath to control my tears.

"Radhe, I have a reason why I did that. You have to listen to that. Please don't throw me out of your life. Let me make you happy. Let me make you smile. I've missed you so much Radhe, so much." He said and rested his forehead on mine. I closed my eyes on the contact and but pushed him slightly.

"Listen, D-Dk, Akshay will come out soon. I think that you should read his reports once. It will help you." I said with a bit of strength, I had left in me. Dk crying makes me weak and I felt so weak right now.

"N-no, Radhe, no. Please. Don't avoid me. That day was equally brutal for me. These years were equally painful for me." He said and held my hand, caressing it softly. "Please listen to me once. What you were going to say to me that day, I - I too - "

"Just stop Dk. Stop." I stated and backed up my hand from his hold. "I'll be back in a minute." I said and looked up at him one last time and finally made my way out of the room. I shut my eyes tightly. But it didn't work. The tears fell down my eyes. And I choked a sob.

I don't believe him, he always betrays me.

I don't believe his words, they always lie to me.

I don't believe his actions, they always deceive me.

But

His eyes, his eyes never lie and today I saw that emotion in his eyes which I've been witnessing from centuries.

My mind warned me to stop but I just couldn't.

My heart reminded me of how he has only betrayed me and left me but still I couldn't.

"What if he leaves you again? " My mind questioned me. Surprisingly I had my answer ready.

"I'm ready to be left again and again but am not ready to leave him. "All because today, after years and years, I witnessed Love in his eyes.

Love

Radhe Radhe ❤️