On Top Of The World

A/N : Happy Happy Radhaashtmi people ❤️

It had been a two weeks since I befriended him. And everyday since then I felt something strange, I entered college with a smile a big d left with a content sigh.

I had been happy whole week.
I was happy today. I don't know why but I was! And to add to my happiness a melodious tune collided with my ear drum! A tune of flute, so melodious so magical. I realized that it was the same melody which I heard on the first day. This tune had some magic in it. Something, which pulled me towards it.

I remembered how lalita took me close to the sound. That day I didn't want to see the person, but today I did. Rather I wanted to see his eyes. 

Something told me that I will recognize them.

Suddenly a shrill noise brought me back from my thoughts. It was the bell telling me to report to my class immediately. But I walked rather slowly knowing that today Lalita won't be in class with me. Not for next four days at least as she had to go out of town regarding a family problem. I asked if I could accompany her but she said it wasn't a big deal. But then now I was alone once again.

"Oh Krishna, Why did you make her go?"

"Did you said something to me?" A voice startled me from behind.
For once I thought it was really my Krishna​ who talked back to me but well it was just his duplicate.

I turned to him with a sigh.
"No DK , I was talking to my Krishna​ and once again, rather for the nth time you entered between us."

"Oops I'm sorry then. "he said holding his ear from his free hand while his other was occupied with books. A tired chuckle escaped my mouth.
"You're a dork." I said and resumed walking.

"Yeah but I'm yours. "He said so lowly as if it wasn't meant to be heard."Did you say something?"I asked him with confused face.

"Yes, I said that I'm yours.... friend." He said after thinking for a while then throwing his arm over my shoulder. I glared at him but he just poked out his tongue and continued walking .
We sat at our usual seat. Sir started the lecture and first gave us all an assignment.

The assignment was on describing any of the human emotion either by a past/personal experience or by any kind of story. We were all given time of one week. Currently sir was giving some lecture when I felt a pair of eyes staring me.

I turned beside and saw Krishna​ looking at me. I mouthed him 'what'. But he just grinned and looked away. But this time I couldn't, He looked so beautiful.

Ugh! I directly shook these thoughts out of my mind and tried to concentrate on lecture but somehow I was not able to, I felt a pull, towards him, his deep... deep eyes. I felt like they were calling for me, requesting me to drown inside them.I felt that they wanted me to stay in them ...forever. It was the same pull I felt in the morning after listening to that melody.

How could two different things give me the same feeling.

As if in a trance, my eyes started closing. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. I was going unconscious but I couldn't do anything about it.

"I see a vast green land with thousands of trees and flowers. A group of girls is dancing in circles with a bluish figure in the middle!

I can't recognize it though.

Everything seems familiar. The land feels like I've walked on it, the flowers seem like I've touched them, The trees feel like I've rested under them. I know this place. I can feel the connection and therefore I try to recognize it.

I try to recognize that figure, this beautiful dream like place but I just can not. At some point it feels as if I'm just going to recognize everything when suddenly..

I opened my eyes and saw krishna saying something to me.
But I couldn't comprehend as I was not able to listen his voice.
I tried numerous times to listen to him but I couldn't. Frustrated, I closed my eyes. It was as if physically I was present here but not mentally.

Suddenly a warmth covered my head giving relief to my senses. I slowly opened my eyes to see Krishna smiling with his hand on my head. He pulled away his hand and I immediately missed the warmth.

"How are you feeling Radhe? " he asked gently and I thought about how I still can't get over him calling me Radhe. It sounded so sweet. I looked around me. I was in the medical room with me on the bed and him on the chair.

I once again glanced at him. He was still waiting for the answer.
"On top of the world."I said and chuckled lowly while he looked at me with amusement but soon joined me and chuckled along.

"Radhe" he said once sobered. "I have already  told you that you and your life matters for someone else please take care of yourself. I can't lose you once again." He said with soft voice. I would have asked him about what he meant by 'again'  but then I was too tired so I just nodded and drifted back to sleep.

Thoughts?