You Make Me Strong

"Please Radhe, come with me, please." Dk requested smiling but I just gulped tightly and shook my head in a definite no, because I couldn't do that to myself.

"Radhe, please. You've never seen my house. Let's go there . I want to show you something"
He said excitedly. But I just shut my eyes tightly and shook my head again.

"Dk, trust me, I - I have seen your h-house and haven't been able to forget it till date." I said, my voice,slightly breaking in between , remembering the horrible, horrible day when I went to his house, 4 years back and found nothing but pain in there. I tried to stifle my tears which were on the verge of blurring my vision while Dk finally seemed to understand what I was hinting at.

"Oh Radhe" He whispered and immediately sat in front of me cradling my face in his hands,the couch dipping on his side.

"Radhe, I'm so s-sorry. I should've known what you wanted to say. I'm really sorry but if it makes you feel any better, just know that even I haven't stepped in that house since that unfortunate day, but-but today I want to Radhe. I want to erase that miserable memory, forever from our lives and want to replace it with our happiness and happiness only." He said softly and I bit my lip hesitantly.

"I d-don't k-know Dk. I'm j-just so scared. I'm afraid that if I, if,        I - I'll go in that house then something bad will happen again."I said shakily and continued before he could say anything. "And n-no, I'm not saying anything to your house because your house is perfect, just like you . I'm just afraid that if I'll go there again, I'll bring bad luck and tears. That day too I stepped in and everything went dark. I'm unluck- "

"Stop Radhika." Dk cut me off angrily, enunciating  my full name, producing shivers in my body. I went dumbstruck much like the first time he called me Radhika instead of Radhe, not liking the feeling at all.

"What are you even saying? Bad luck? You? How can you even say that about yourself Radhe? Don't you know how much I love you? Don't you know, you've brought nothing but happiness in my life? That day the mistake was from my side Radhe, from our fate's side. My house was that unlucky spot where we got separated Radhe. D-don't dare bring all of this on yourself ." He voiced sternly. I sat there still, wanting nothing more but for him to hold my hand and stay close to me.

"But Radhe, that was my past, I want to clear our present.
Let's live in our present Radhe. Let's burn that memory with new gleeful moments in our life. Please come with me and make that house, a home, Radhe." "Please" He breathed quietly, leaving his angry tone far behind , holding only love, affection and hope in his eyes.

How could I say no to that face?

So I agreed.

"I trust you Dk. Very much."I whispered in an answer to which he smiled .

"And I love you Radhe. Very much."

*

"Ready?" Dk asked from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

A whole day had passed after our previous conversation.

I, though, just leaned into the touch forgetting the overwhelming feeling of fear momentarily. "Radhe?" He wondered again and I opened my eyes from where they had been closed seeking his warmth.
"I am r-ready." I said hesitantly yet firm and his hold loosened on me.

"Radhe, just know that this is absolutely not compulsory. I may have gone with the flow of the moment but really, you don't have to do anything for me or because of me, ever. I never want to force you Radhe. I'll completely understand if you decide to not go to that house. It's oka-"