Dream Or Reality?

"Hmm! It was him Lalita, he took me on his bike and I allowed it because I had no choice, all thanks to my condition." I was talking to lalita on phone.

It was the next day after Dk dropped me at my house or a four walled space with no one else. My father went back to the city because of his business trying to make my college fees easy to handle but once again leaving me alone and Unloved.

I sighed knowing that it wasn't anyone's mistake. It was just my fate. I couldn't do anything about it.

"Sure, you didn't have any choice." Lalita's voice brought me back in the present and I just realized that no matter what, I'll always have lalita with me.

"Yes, lalita I didn't have any choice. It wasn't as if I could call my dad or anybody else. I don't have anybody else lalita." I mumbled quitely.

"Well, you don't need anybody else Radhika. You are strong. I know you. I know that it's not yesterday's thing that you're talking about but just know that you don't need anybody else in your life. You don't need people who come and go. You need people who are there to stay and trust me Radhika, I am. " Lalita said and a smile crept over my face.

"I know Lalita, I'm there to stay too. Our friendship isn't going anywhere anytime soon or simply never. "And I could imagine a smile on her face too.

(Time span)

A week had gone by just like that. It was just this monotonous routine of going to college, coming back, cooking meal and when heading to sleep then seeing that dream.

Yes, that dream had only intensified through these days.

I sighed and got ready for bed and that dream once again.
I finished my work and went up to my room all, set to sleep. But suddenly I heard some noise coming from outside. I went to my balcony to see what was the sound. It was all dark outside. I couldn't see anything or anyone. I sighed and turned to go back when once again I heard the noise rather music?

I looked around and saw a faint outline of a figure. The music of the flute was supposedly coming from that spot only. And I knew it was dangerous but the next thing I knew, I was standing outside my house heading towards that direction.

Within a few minutes, I entered in some place. Soon I recognized it. That same place was glittering with moonlight with different trees surrounding it.

I soon reached a bit near of the source and saw that there was not a single figure but two. The music intensified turning into the same melody I've been hearing from past few days in my dreams and reality.

The flute was being played by a boy who had same bluish color and then with him, there was the same girl. Suddenly the girl stood up ruffling the boys hair and began to run in the opposite direction and somehow at that moment I felt it was more important to follow the girl than to know about the mysterious boy and so I began running behind her. I could hear her faint laughter, immediately creating a smile on my face too.

She held her lehenga with both hands so that it doesn't touch the ground but the lehenga kept slipping and suddenly she dropped something on the ground. She stopped and started searching for that thing. I also started looking for that object. At some distance I saw an extremely bright and Glittery thing. I picked it up and saw that it was a ring.  Honestly I was stunned to see the beauty of that ring. I started walking towards that girl so that I could give her this.

Once I reached her, I kept my hand on her shoulder. A shiver ran through my spine instantly. I wanted to remove my hand but some king of familiarity made me stay.

She turned around making her hair sway in the air. I composed myself immediately. I brought my hand forward in which the ring was placed. I looked up to her with a smile but my smile faded instantly.

I was surprised, I was shocked, I was mesmerized. I saw same dark brown eyes, same brown hair, same button nose, same pink lips and the same glint In her eyes.

I saw Me?

It was me all this time who was dancing and was walking with that boy? How? Is that the reason why everytime I listen to that melody I get a sense of familiarity.

My questions once again remained unanswered when bright rays made their way to my eyes and I immediately squinted them. I put a hand in front of my face in order to protect my eyes.

After what felt like hours I opened my eyes and removed my hand. Not so surprisingly, I was in my house, on my bed. Surprising and unusual events had become usual for me now. And so I didn't freak out when I realized it was just another dream.

I ran a hand over my face to get rid of any sweat but stopped suddenly when a cool metal touched my cheek. As far as I remembered I never worn any piece of jewelry on my hand or anywhere else for that matter . In an instant, I brought my hand in front of me and this time I definitely freaked out.

It was a ring comfortably placed on my finger. Actually no, it was the ring which I saw in my dream.

"Oh Krishna,what is happening? Was that a dream or reality? Please help me Krishna." I prayed silently but was disturbed by the ringing of my phone.

Radhe Radhe ❤️