The Loved

A very Happy basant panchami <3

"I am"

"You are?"

"I am" I repeated confidently and continued slotting down my hair.

Lalita got up from the bed and maneuvered her way towards me and hugged me from behind from where I was sitting on the chair. I bought down my comb and relaxed back into her, smiling. She smiled back at me.

"I'm proud of you Radhika." She whispered to me holding my gaze into the mirror and I hardly stopped myself from turning into a emotional wreck then and there. I covered her hands with mine which were interlaced , on my chest, her chin resting on my shoulder.

"And I'm proud of our friendship Lalita. Thankyou for always being there for me, being there with me. A friend like you can save a life. You definitely saved mine." I said shakily, this time unable to control the blurriness that took over my vision. I blinked my eyes rapidly to get rid of it.

I could then see her lips, wobbling slightly, through the mirror.

She though, just came in front of me and hugged me tightly, exhaling shakily into my neck. "You're much more than my friend Radhika." She said earnestly and I gripped her tightly in return.

"Just like you are" I said softly.

"So you are going to his house?"
She asked one last time.

"I am" I nodded

*

Today it was exactly a month to when Dk had gone to my father to convince him for our marriage, which was tomorrow.

Tomorrow

I'll be married.

Wow!

Other then my sense of disbelief, a lot had changed in the past month.

For instance, after listening to the news of our marriage, Mr.Singh had apologized to both of us saying that it was very wrong of him to blackmail me, said he never thought that we were this serious. He had also requested us to join the hospital back just to show how sorry he was.

Dk and I both had thought over it and then had accepted the ordeal, mainly for two reasons.

First, Mr.Singh was his Uncle and had just done a mistake. He was so much older too and neither of us wanted him to request or apologize to us anymore. It would've been a shame for us.

Secondly, that hospital held too many memories to just let go.

Other highlights of the month included some seriously incredulous events, the topmost being the employment of a permanent receptionist (finally) in the hospital and the ever spreading news of the newly engaged couple of the hospital.

And by that I don't mean me and Dk.

Seriously, we aren't this narcissist.

This so in love couple, that I'm talking about was Dr.Pooja and Dr.Rahul.

Um, yeah. I too had my jaw dropped.

Moving on to the current moment, I was driving, to Dk's house, all by myself.

All morning I had been siting in my cabin relishing the memories of how everything had started.

"Um, excuse me, can I... um, maybe borrow a pen? " Dk had said and not even a second later I had found a home in his eyes.