I Learn From The Best

I stopped scribbling down the reports when I felt two hands enveloping my eyes. My reaction would've been instant and defensive if I would've missed the size of those hands.

Small was what they were.

"Guess who is this, di?" A deep and animated voice came from behind me, letting a wide smile grow on my face. If the hands didn't give away, di certainly did.

But I knew better than to ruin his attempt at sounding mysterious and intimidating.
"Um..I d-don't know. Who is this? Please tell. I'm scared." I played along sounding afraid, and heard a muffled laugh in return.

"No need to be afraid. I'm here to save you." He said in a heroic voice to which I chuckled under my hand. "Now guess who am I?" He asked sweetly, again, this time in his soft and innocent voice and cooed silently. "I don't know who you are but you sound dangerously close to my little brother, Akshay. I miss him really. I wish he was here with me." I voiced sadly and suddenly the hands enveloping my eye lowered to my neck and slumped on me from behind.

"Stupid di, it's me only." He said and I turned my chair, gasping, eyes wide open, to which he laughed. "No way. My Miss Akshay is here? Am I dreaming? "I asked still gaping and he maneuvered his way to my lap, easily settling his small body on it.

"No Di. I'm here in real. But I missed you too." He said pouting and I ruffled his hair and wrapped my arm securely around his body. "Aww, I missed you to baby. How are you? Did you missed your school today or is it your holiday"? I asked in once, attempting to know everything about his life, that I missed in last 3 months.

"No di. Today is my holiday. I don't miss school for fun. I study,Just like you told me too." He said proudly and smiled.
I smiled in return, giving him a side hug.

"That is so good bub. I'm so proud of you. You are so smart." I praised him to which he beamed. "Hey di, Where is Doctor Dk? And when is your marriage?" He asked out of nowhere and I facepalmed.

Because this boy hasn't changed one bit.

"My dear Akshay," I said and removed him from my lap and crouched in front of him, holding his hands "Don't you think that you should concentrate on your upcoming exams rather than thinking about my marriage?"  I asked teasingly to which he giggled.

He gestured me to come close and brought his face close to mine. He bent slightly and cupped both his hands around my ear, still giggling and I shook my head smiling.

"Di, your marriage is guaranteed. But my passing in my exams is not." He whispered and faked a sigh which was followed by a small giggle and I brought a hand down my face, shaking my head, totally endeared by his baby like Innocence, smiling along with him.

"You've become so naughty Akshay."

"And you are still my sweet sweet di."

Krishna's POV:

It was a few deep breaths later when I knocked on the front door.

Knocked?

Who on earth knocks but doesn't ring the bell?

Me

The door opened not to later only to reveal a strict looking man in his late forties.

Or

My future father in law.

"Hello uncle" I said nervously, smiling at him to which he just nodded with a frown between his eyes. I bent down and touched both his feet and he patted my back. I smiled to myself. "I am Dr.Dk" I said introducing myself and he hummed in acknowledgment.