Chapter 14

I sit in the basement/recording studio with my pencil stuck in my messy bun as I play the chords on the guitar that’s plugged into the mixing desk. I run through the whole song and add extra things over the top, holing my pencil between my teeth as I check that its what I want before writing it down and recording it. Its annoying having to get up and walk out of the booth to stop it from recording every single note I play but I can deal with it.

When it comes to the vocals I try to do it all in one take but I don’t like how my voice sounds at certain points so I mute the parts and sing over it. I hate listening to the sound of my voice, I just don’t like it. Everyone’s always complimenting me on how I sing but I don’t like the way it sounds. I mean I enjoy singing and everything I just don’t think I’m as good as everyone says I am. 

I finish off the song, add it onto my CD of songs no ones ever heard and wipe everything from the mixer so no one can hear it. I walk back up to the kitchen and open a tin of beans to eat, is it that weird to like them cold? I don’t care what people think, I like eating it so whatever. 

“You alright bab? You were in your room when I got back so I didn’t want to disturb you” My dad says as he walks into the kitchen.

“Hey, yeah I was probably asleep” I smile, shoving a spoonful of beans in my mouth.

“Cold?” he asks and I nod, 

“Yeah shh” I say, I know mom doesn’t like me eating cold beans.

“Ew. So mom told me about you and Harry” he says, wiggling his eyebrows. I love my dad so much, he’s such a laid back person. If I ever have a problem he’d be the first person I told, apart from Hollie but she doesn’t count.

“Yeaaah” I say, not wanting to have to explain everything to him.

“That’s cool, just as long as you’re safe” does he mean… oh god not again.

“I’ve had enough of that from Tara” I say, putting the now empty tin of beans in the bin and the spoon in the sink. 

“Oh really? How is she?” 

“She’s fine, it was really fun to spend time with her again” I say, he walks up behind me and hugs me.

“That’s good, I’m glad you enjoyed it!” she smiles and kisses the top of my head before letting go, taking the spoon out of the sink and putting in the dishwasher. That’s where its supposed to go then. “I take it you and Harry have you know’ed then” he says. 

“No, dad. We haven’t” I say, why is he so calm about that subject, mom would be freaking out if she thought that I’d done something like that.

“Well, when it comes to it, don’t ask me anything about it. Ask your brother” she smiles before leaving the room and going upstairs. I would not ask Lucas anything about sex, he’s just tell me to eff off and stop being nosey. I’ll ask Alice if I have to, she’s done it before with her boyfriend Kian. He’s really nice and they go to the same Uni so it works perfectly. Why can’t Harry and I work perfectly. Or I’ll ask Hollie, she’s done it with her ex too, she was 15 so it was illegal but everything was cool, they only broke up because he was moving to Devon. Harry is in Cheshire, is that too far away? No, everything is fine.

I sit in the lounge and flick on the TV, nothing on the planner that is worth watching is on so I get up and put 500 Days Of Summer on, its such a good film. Around 12 o’clock mom and Alice walk in with the shopping so I pause the TV and help them transport everything from the boot to the fridge or wherever it needs to go. 

“Thanks” mom says as she sits down next to me on the sofa “I called Anne earlier while you were asleep” she tells me, I nod at her and turn to face her “And she said Harry hasn’t shut up about you since he got back” this makes me smile, a lot.